cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Last Look at The OnePlus 7 Pro – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

One Last Look at The OnePlus 7 Pro – Sprint Product Ambassadors

04_Title.jpg

So, I must admit I was very, very impressed with the OnePlus 7 PRO.  Beyond being my first introduction to the OnePlus brand, it also gave me an introduction to Warp Charge and even a small unexpected taste of 5G.  Things I like are plentiful and although there were a few things I was not as fond of, they were pretty much squashed by the many high points. 

My few critiques:

Power consumption – This phone taps that battery like a mosquito.  Be it the 5G radio or the high refresh rate of the stunning screen, you will notice the battery not taking you as far as other handsets. It’ll still light-years better than phones of past years but it’s noticeable. How OnePlus battles this is with the Warp Charging.  Basically, I can melt the battery down to nothing and in the last hour of my work day, I’ll still have it charged to 90% for my drive home. I personally am OK with anything that can give as quickly as it can take and in this area OnePlus is champ.

No MicroSD Slot - You will not find a MicroSD slot on this device.  You have plenty of internal 256GB memory that is fast as reliable but if this phone takes a hard drop or an unexpected bath, you are going to be out of luck.  For this reason, Cloud backups are a must.  You won’t like doing it (I generally don’t) but don’t take chances.

No Headphone Jack- Bluetooth headphones are going to be your friend. Mine sounded great with the OnePlus 7 PRO and although the absence of a headphone jack is getting more and more common.  It’s notable to mention.

My Favorite High Points and Features:

5G – It’s kind of like bigfoot in my area where 5G is not officially a market but I’ve seen it come in and although not fully open (<200 Mbps) I saw speeds that made my jaw drop.  The future is bright and having the right tool in hand will get you on board faster.

90Hz Refresh – Resolution, Color, Brightness all things we think about when it comes to modern LCD screen but the refresh rate really makes things easy on the eyes. At home, I normally stick with 60Hz or less.  120Hz gives me the whole soap opera effect on video and I just hate that. With the OnePlus 7 PRO, they give you the perfect balance. Most of the programs and display benefits from the 90Hz refresh rate but all my streaming apps were unchanged and looking normal to me. I would love seeing more 90Hz screens in the future.

Slider switch – I’m all about quick and easy.  It’s been a while since I’ve seen an old slider switch but this one is well placed and for a very useful function (silence).  I often forget to silence my phone (mainly due to keystrokes) but this switch kept things in mind.

All and all, I’ll say I’m a new OnePlus fan.  Considering the price point, the innovations and all that is offered, you’ll get flagship quality for a value price.   Take all my first world problems and critiques for what they are.  You are sure to enjoy this phone and if you aren’t already familiar with OnePlus, this is a great phone for an introduction.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee