cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ and the Galaxy Watch – seamless integration!

Sprint Product Ambassador

I recently started using the Galaxy Watch in conjunction with the Samsung Galaxy S10+ phone.  I synced the phone to the watch and the watch to the phone, and off I went, trying to figure out what the advantage was of having a Galaxy Watch on my wrist in concert with the S10+ in my possession.  There are a few advantages and features that you could use regularly with the Galaxy Watch, and that I’ve integrated in to my daily use:

1. Telling time – pretty much THE #1 feature of a watch. And if you are mindful of your power consumption, you can have the face turn off when you’re not actively using it, and then turn on when you pull your watch/wrist up to see it.
  2. Tracking/syncing your biometrics – Takes some minor setup on both sides of the platform, but Samsung Health will seamlessly sync between the 2 devices to track your heart rate, steps, active time, and other goals that you predetermine when setting up your profile on Samsung Health. If you want to really zero in on these metrics, the Watch is a must.  The addition of activity “reminders” is a big plus for me.  They show up in the form of ‘You’ve been sitting for an hour… how about doing some torso twists/taking a walk/get up and stretch/etc.
  3. Notifications from your heavy social outlets – I get regular updates from Whatsapp, Facebook, Outlook, the stock SMS messenger, as well as some games that I play on my phone. Responding with preset messages is easy with messaging apps, but trying to explain something specific using the keyboard is a bit… cumbersome? Especially with the bratwurst fingers I have on the ends of my hands!
  4. Phone calls – To me, it’s more gimmicky than useful, although what I do like about it is that the microphone is strong enough to be able to catch your voice without having to hold your wrist up to your face. If you don’t want to hold your phone up to your ear, or use the speaker phone on your phone, then it’s a good feature.  I don’t use it too often because it’s a speaker phone, so there’s no privacy with any calls you take on your watch.
  5. Can decrease your screen time – so not for nothing, but if you are getting all of your notifications for SMS, Whatsapp, FB Messenger, Snap, Insta, FB, etc, on your watch, there is very little need to go on your phone. And what I find is that unless I’m doing something where I HAVE to be on a screen on my phone (like a longer email while away from my PC, or a longer correspondence with family/friends using messaging apps, or GAMING), I’m not opening the phone as much.  It’s just a quick glance at the watch, and then keep moving.  Less time staring down at a phone in the palm of my hand, and more time being productive.

I have not used other watches or tracker devices with the Samsung, so I can’t talk to how well it integrates with other OEM’s hardware, but the integration with the two Samsung products is VERY slick.  Highly recommend expanding your hardware profile by adding an accessory like a Samsung Watch or a Fitness Tracker to compliment your Galaxy S10+.  GREAT way to stay in sync and keep track of all your biometrics, as well as other notifications you get on a regular basis!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

I have only used the Galaxy watches myself and have enjoyed their integration with Samsung's devices. I use the biometric features the most.

Thanks for the write up....

BTW - on the main Android Influencer page I can see a Galaxy watch image, when I pull the post up I am not able to view any images in both Chrome and Edge.