cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S9+: An investment worth protecting

Sprint Product Ambassador

Samsung Galaxy S9+: An investment worth protecting

The Galaxy S9+ is so beautiful that you don’t want to take it out of the box, and with a price tag over $800 you definitely want to protect it when you do. One of the first things I did when I got the Samsung Galaxy S9+ was got a case and screen protector to help protect my investment. One works amazing, and the other…. not so much.

Case:

After looking at several different cases, the one I went with was the Spigen Tough Armor case. I picked this case because it had the military grade protection without all of the bulk of other brands.

Pros:

• Rubber around the corner and edges of the phone provide a little added protection against drops.
  • Rubber bevels slightly above the glass on the top and bottom to help protect the screen. This enables me to lay it face down on my desk and the surface of my desk doesn’t touch the screen.
  • Dual layers mold seamlessly around the phone and doesn’t have the bulky feel that most military grade cases have.
  • Hard PC layer on the back wraps around to the sides and provides a solid sleeker feel
  • Spigen’s buttons work flawlessly with the phone
  • Screen savers fit perfectly within the case
  • Does not hide any of the beveled side edges of the phone
  • Kick stand works great and I'm surprised how much I use it

Cons:

• It was a little bulkier than what I wanted, but the design of the case makes it feel more sleek.

Conclusion:

I love this case and would recommend it to anyone who is purchasing the Samsung Galaxy S9+. It is very durable and surprisingly lean for the protection that you get. As my wife reminds me of the cost of the phone, this case gives me peace of mind to take my phone with me wherever I go.

Screen Saver

After looking at several different screen protectors I purchased one from Ugion because it had great reviews on Amazon and it was Amazon’s Choice. (Galaxy S9 Plus Clear Screen Protector [3D Curved Edge][Scratch resistance][Case Friendly/96% coverag...).

Pros:

• Easy to install
  • No bubbles
  • 9H hardness
  • 3D so it wraps around the beveled glass

Cons:

• Screen sensitivity is poor. I had to press hard and tap multiple times before it recognized my finger.
  • Finger print smudges show really well on the screen protector
  • Due to the thickness of the screen protector it is very noticeable on the phone.

Conclusion:

This screen saver lasted half a day before I got so frustrated with the screen sensitivity that I pulled it off. I would not recommend the Ugion screen protector. I’m not sure how it received such high ratings on Amazon.   

Disclaimer: Images from Spigen website. The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Hey, I just got my s9+. I love it!! I was told about that screen sensitivity issue when I bought it. So I noticed the issue once I put a case on it, with a built in screen protector. I researched it and found the trick. You will go into the Settings menu, then Advanced Features, and then at the very bottom is Touch Sensitivity. Once I turned it on, it immediately noticed a difference.