cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 10, 10+ Updated to Android 10 today!

Sprint Product Ambassador

A nice update as winter break closes out - the Android 10 for the Samsung Note line has released!  You can check manually for the update or wait until your phone notifies you.  Let's take a look at what this does. 

First, it updates the base operating system to Android 10 which includes upgrades like:

• Live Caption - caption any media playing on your phone in realtime
  • Dark Mode - easier on your eyes, easier on the battery
  • Improvement in gesture control
  • 'Digital Wellbeing' - how much and how long have you been using your phone
  • Security updates and more.

Second, it updates several Samsung components, most noticeable the change to One UI 2.  This improves the look of text, icons, animations, easier one-handed use, changes to the camera and more. You can find the complete changelog for Android 10 on the Note 10 and 10+ from Samsung.

It's a 2.3 GB download,so WiFi connection is helpful to get it done promptly.  I spent a total of about 30 minutes downloading, installing and updating the phone.  After the install is complete, open up the Galaxy Store, tap the top left hamburger menu and tap Updates.  You'll see there are about 6 apps that need updated from the store.  I also went into the Google Play store and checked for updates; only 3 of my hundred-mumble installed apps needed updated.

After a few minutes of using it, the UI certainly feels snappier - the improvement in animation is quite noticeable.  As I find more neat features in Android 10 for the Note 10 and 10+,  you'll read about them here first!

Thanks for reading!

Will England - Sprint Product Ambassador

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador
So far the only 'issue' I have found is the messaging app it reset to Samsung messaging; if you had changed to Google Messages for Android you will need to launch it and reset it to the default. Otherwise a smooth and clean upgrade so far!