cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up the View at home, or office.

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Sprint Home View connects to your home Wi-Fi and you can access via any Wi-Fi or cellar network. The first step, in setting up your new View camera is to download the Sprint Home app from the Google Play store or the Apple store.

lstron02_0-1581522370843.jpeg

lstron02_1-1581522370848.jpeg

After the download, open the app by setting up your account. Once this is down you will see a welcome screen that will allow you to begin the pairing process.

One important tip before you begin, and this depends on your type of device. If our device supports “Smart Network Switch’ or ‘Adaptive Wi-Fi” please make sure you have this feature turned off before you begin the pairing process. Trust me when I say this will help alleviate any pairing issues in which you may encounter. The app will prompt you to do this if your pairing attempt fails.

lstron02_2-1581522370860.jpeg

Now, you are ready to begin. Once you plug your Sprint View camera in it should automatically go into pairing mode. You will know this by two methods.

1. A voice response will announce you are ready to pair.
  2. You will see a light at the top of the camera flashing between long and short green.

lstron02_3-1581522370872.jpeg

Select Ready, then go to your phone Wi-Fi settings and select your camera name. It will look something like “SPRCAM…”  

lstron02_4-1581522370884.jpeg

Next, you will go back to the Sprint Home App. You may see this screen asking for permission.  Press okay

lstron02_5-1581522370888.jpeg

Now, you will see a screen finishing up the connection process. It may take a moment and you may hear your camera Cycle on and off during this process.

lstron02_6-1581522370891.jpeg

Once you see the below screen, your device is now paired with your app.

lstron02_7-1581522370894.jpeg

The great thing with the app is that you can view your home from anywhere. As long as you have a cellular connection or a Wi-Fi connection. This came in handy for me recently as I had a new Gas Range being installed while I was out of town. I used my Sprint Home View app to monitor the installation. Good thing I did because the installers had forgotten to turn the gas back on when they installed the Range.

So, what are some ideas you can see yourself using the product for?

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions about these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not officially represent the company, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.