cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Screen Case Alternatives for the LG G8X ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Single Screen Case Alternatives for the LG G8X ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Dual.jpg

So, although I started with a Dual Screen case on my LG G8X ThinQ, it got me thinking.  What if you were a little late to the promotion and didn’t get a dual screen?  What if a dual screen didn’t interest you or just didn’t have any extra money left over?  Well, although it’s rather hard to top the cool factor of an extra display, you will have a couple options.

If you ever read any of my past blogs, this is normally when I go off on a big praise of Spigen and describe in great detail why I love their Crystal Clear cases and could never be lead away from those.  Well, if you ever want to quickly put an end to that, it’s easy. Just don’t make a case.  Unfortunately, Spigen called that bluff and there are no specific cases for the LG G8X ThinQ and only cases for the earlier LG G8 ThinQ. 

Sigh…

On first look you won’t find much love in terms of brand name cases.  In fact, the only example I could find was the OtterBox Symmetry Series Case for LG G8X ThinQ (SKU:77-64118).  You get a single color option (Black) and a steep pricetag for, in my opinion a rather “no frills” case. Full retail price is $50.95, right from OtterBox and in the $33+/- range elsewhere. The build materials are Polycarbonate and Synthetic rubber and the feature set is minimal.  Should protect your phone well enough but truth told, I’ve not held a sample of the Symmetry Series Cases and not overly compelled to look closer at this one. Comparing the Symmetry Series line from phone to phone, it appears they are all priced about the same but again, I would have liked to see a few more options or at lease a Defender case offered (which is always a trivially cost for a much better upgrade).

Beyond that, you’ll have to spin the wheel of generic cases. Each of which are low priced and varying in quality. Again I tend to favor the clear gel kinda cases so there were only a few that caught my eye: “SKTGSLAMY LG G8X ThinQ Case, LG V50S ThinQ Case”, “Toyouu for LG G8x ThinQ Case Phone Case with Soft TPU Crystal Transparent” and “Ferilinso Cover for LG V50s ThinQ/ G8X ThinQ Case”.  Now it’s important to note that quite a few LG G8X ThinQ case options were marked also for use with the LG V50 ThinQ and I’m not sure why.  I can only assume they have much wider over-sized opening for the V50 ThinQ’s camera cluster but can’t be over sure.

As for myself.  Any doubt I had from moving away from the dual screen case has been subsided and would only reserve a single screen case option in the event that my dual screen was to fail.  

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.