Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Home - VIEW Indoor Smart Camera - Actual Usage Review

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Home - VIEW Indoor Smart Camera - Actual Usage Review

Screenshot_20200107-164133.png

Sprint Home VIEW Indoor Smart Camera is equipped with a High-definition 1080p camera and Night Vision. When enabled once motion is detected recording starts. Users are notified immediately upon upload of video capture. Each capture has a maximum recording time of 20 seconds. This made me a little nervous at first, but the camera can immediately start another recording session within a few seconds after the other. Allowing multiple captures per minute.  

Some advantages the Sprint Home application allows for is a constant live feed update even when the camera is not actively on. While on the home screen if you enable a tile for your camera you will see a feed of what the camera sees. This feed updates typically every 10 minutes or so. When you click on the tile to access your camera feed you will get a live feed of what the camera is picking up.

While in live viewing mode you can enable talk to verbally communicate through the camera. You can also take snapshots of what you are seeing along with actively turning on the record feature. This last option is an added advantage you do not see on other smart cameras. To be able to click record while in live view mode. While my Ring has this feature my main system which is My Blink camera system does not have this option. 

Here is what a daytime capture looks like for review.

Here is a capture showing the quality of night vision. you can clearly see that my fury friend decided to get a little cozy on our couch. 

This is a great little camera and has some amazing features that compete very well in this market space. I look forward to future development of this product line.  

Check out some of my other blogs on the Sprint Home VIEW Indoor Smart Camera:

Sprint-Home-VIEW-Indoor-Smart-Camera 

Sprint-Home-VIEW-Indoor-Smart-Camera-Initial-Setup 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee