cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – A sanity check on Goggle Pixel 4 XL network performance

Sprint Product Ambassador

Firstly, the following notes are very subjective and it is collected as for my sanity check on my phone usage activity.

There were a few articles discussing about a potential network issue associated with the Pixel 3. An example of the article can be found here:

How to fix Google Pixel 3 XL mobile data (cellular data) not working issue

Since having the phone, I have had littl issue with network connectivity, I usually use the phone playing youtube music or playing a podcast on my drive -from my home to work.  Near my home there is a blind spot, and that is the only place I see that the youtube video may pause if I have not had enough streaming data buffered when I started driving out of my home.

The other day while I was driving home on Fairfax County Parkway (Virginia Route 286), I decided to start the Ookla speedtest on my phone. The following are the screen captures of the Ookla tests as I was passing a cell phone tower and moving South away from the tower.

passing the tower on my leftpassing the tower on my left

Moving away from the towerMoving away from the tower

About 1 mile south of the towerAbout 1 mile south of the tower

Please note the Google Pixel 4 XL is not a 5G phone.

It is depending on where you live, but I am quite happy with the Pixel 4 XL performance around the Northern Virginia area here.

Please provide feedback or even post your experience in this forum if any.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.