cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Amazing Google Pixel 4 night shots

Sprint Product Ambassador

Basic photography is for a night shot, a photo needs to have the shot taken with an exposure over a long period of time.  So for a handheld phone, there is no doubt the hand control movement will make the picture blurry and not even talking about the grainy noise that is introduced by the sensor when the camera has to operate at high ISO level.

During a walk around the neighborhood on New Year's eve, I played with the pixel 4 "Night Sight" mode to take the two photos below:

Very low noise, and you can even see the details inside the houseVery low noise, and you can even see the details inside the house

The two white dots in the sky is of a plane flying in the air!The two white dots in the sky is of a plane flying in the air!

Very little grains on the photos too!

Thanks to the powerful processing power of the phone Central Proceesing Unit (CPU), Google Pixel and I also see it on the top end Samsung phone, the phone uses the technique called HDR+ to merge a series of individual shots that the camera took while I was holding the camera.  The images were superimposed on each other to collect enough light for the resulting photos, as well as aliging the shots to be exactly on top of each other.  The resulting picture is a very sharp photo, no blurry image due to camera motion!

So on your next night outdoor activity, you can try this out.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.