cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – First day with the Motorola e5 Plus

Sprint Product Ambassador

Last year we saw a number of low end devices in the market, they were good but you may have seen my reviews, you would see that those devices may have everything except the memory can be limited.

This Motorola e5 plus here is an exception and I hope it will start a new trend for the device manufacturers out there:

Image7657909219236967762 (518x1024).jpg

Here are my impressions after the first day of use:

1. The battery size of 500mAh is truly impressive. I have been using the phone all day, including having hotspot on all day, the battery is still at 41% at 5pm.  This is truly a killer
  2. The screen is of good size and clear.
  3. The device came with 32GB of ROM and 3 GB of RAM so a lot of breathing space. Still have plenty of ROM space left (10GB used out of 32GB) after I installed over 10 of my usual apps: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Google Keep, Exchange etc.  So some users may not even need an external SD Card if not taking that many photos.
  4. The camera is reasonable, and I will have to use it more and will deserve a separate review on it.
    Below is a photo of my model Bowie, taken under the indoor low light, the picture is not super sharp but is sharp enough for most social network sharing.
    IMG_20180531_220407156 (1024x576).jpg

5. The finger print reader is fast, and has worked every time I tried so far.
  6. The phone call voice quality is a bit disappointed, the voice not coming out as clear and sometime choppy. I do not think it is a network issue as other Sprint phones in my household did not have the same issue at the same in house location when I tried a few calls on this Moto e5+.
  7. Unfortunately, we do not get the LTE Calling Plus on this phone either L One of my favorite Sprint feature.
  8. The phone came with a short list of languages, and Vietnamese is not included!!! This is purely a software issue and hope Motorola can rectify it quickly, otherwise I will have a hard time ordering Phở or Bánh Mì 🙂

I am excited to share with you more details on this device in the next few weeks.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

2 Comments
Journeyman

Is this phone HPUE capable? 

Sprint Product Ambassador

Dan,

yes I believe the Moto e5+ is HPUE capable.  Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks

Hung