cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – I feel safe with the Google Pixel 4 XL

Sprint Product Ambassador

Smartphone is an integrated part of everyone's life now, and it comes with a cost: some bad people out there will try various ways beyond your understanding to steal your information and your dollars.  The Google Pixel 4 does provide some protection that gets me sleeping better at night.

The phone has an enterprise-grade hardware security chip built in, that basically protects the secrets of your phones to protect your sensitive work and data from malicious software.  This technology is what Google calls Titan M security.  I have been using the Titan M token security key for a while, and glad that the Google 4 is using same technology to protect my phone.

Google Safe Browsing makes me feeling better using my phone browsing the Internet, but of course I am still very careful on checking what to click and not to click.  Google seems to be active with Google Play Protect of the Play store apps, although I am also careful in selecting which app I should download and use.

The new feature, which I believe came with Android 10 is the instant access to app security permission: long press the app icon, then select "App info", you will be able to see the app permission from right there, instead of the old method that you had to go back to Settings->Apps then scroll and select the interested apps.  This new interface has made me checked the permission more regularly to make sure I have not granted the app more permissions than I need to.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.