cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG G8X ThinQ built-in screen capture integrated with messaging app

Sprint Product Ambassador

How many times you want to share a screenshot with your friend while you are in a messaging app?

On the LG G8X ThinQ while you are enjoying the dual tasking with your messaging app and another app on the dual screen, at one click of a button on the keyboard you can send a screen capture of the app on the dual screen to your friend while chatting with your friend.

I learned about this feature and now is one of my favorite tricks on this cool device.  Let me show you an example below.

I am chatting with a friend on the main screen using facebook messenger while browsing through my facebook wall.  I see a few nice photos in one of the posts on my wall so I want to share it with my friend:

FB on left, FB messenger on the rightFB on left, FB messenger on the right

On the top row of the LG keyboard, there is a button in the red square that I mark.  All I need is tap that button, the LG G8X ThinQ will capture the screen on the dual screen on the left and send that to my friend in my chat!

The screen capture has been sent in the chat!The screen capture has been sent in the chat!

This only works if you use the LG keyboard and I have tested that it is working with FB Messenger and Text messaging app.  It does not work with email client.  If you try with other messaging app, please give your feedback here to see what other messaging app can take advantage of this cool feature.

Enjoy & Happy Holidays to you all.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee