cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG V50 "Story Shot" feature

Sprint Product Ambassador

I had a chance to get hold of the LG V50 ThinQ phone for a couple of weeks now.  I was going start with the usua "Firts Impressions" blog, but I stumbled on this cool feature called "Story Shot" of the phone. I feel obliged to share that first before discussing about what I feel with the phone.

In the last few years LG has brought a lot new ideas its phones, if you recall the LG V20 was the first camera with dual lens (standard and wide angle), then the LG V40 is the first one with tripple lens.

On this "Story Shot" feature, LG tries to do a trick on taking a photo of the front camera while you are taking a photo of the rear camera.  The phone then will try to cut out your iamge on the selfie, then merge it on the rear camera.  Amazing processing in just a tick, you get the photos merge.

In order to access this feature, if you slide the Mode line of the camera all the way on the right, you will see the "Story Shot" mode in the "More" window.

I did a try and here is the result:

Me and the beautiful background! :-)Me and the beautiful background! 🙂

You can see that in extracting me from the selfie, the phone actually shaved of part of my right side of the head.

It is cool and fun to capture such a photo and share with your family members and friends I guess, I would not send the one like above to a photo contest 🙂

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.