Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Play all day with the LG G8x Dual Screen

Sprint Product Ambassador

Many phones finally have batteries large enough to get you through the day, or almost get you through the day, but you still might have to top off now and then, so really, there is a very real case of range anxiety even as we approach a new decade.

The LG G8x has a massive 4000 mAh battery, and my range anxiety is gone.  Now, a few years ago, I had a phone from Motorola with a 5000 mAh battery, and I absolutely loved they freedom from worry that thing provided, so I'm still not sure why every other phone doesn't have batteries that large, but with that being said, I think the G8x might have the largest battery on the market today.  I'm probably wrong, but I don't know of any other model with a battery this large.  There is another really great phone from another manufacturer that has a 3800 mAh battery, and trust me, from personal experience I can tell you, 4000 is bigger and better than 3800.  3800 mAh is almost but not quite enough to get you where you need to go.

Of course, the type of battery in a device is also important, and in my humble opinion, LG makes the best and safest batteries today.  Even other major brands of smartphones insist on LG batteries, because they are just that good.  I bet you Tesla's would be less explody if they used LG.  In addition, LG phones are desinged with heat pipes that pull heat away from the CPU, so your phone won't overheat the battery, plus, it has built-in magic stuff that monitors the way the battery is used and just as importantly, the way it is recharged so that the actual life span of the battery is maximized.

Of course, this thing has the optional dual screen case, and running two screens will drink up a lot of juice, not quite, but almost twice as much, so if you leave both screens on all the time, you will have to top this off.  Fortunately, you can easily toggle the second screen on or off only when needed or desired, so having the case connected but second screen off will not penalize your battery life.

My conscience is not bothered at all to say that I can get through any day of light or heavy phone use and not think once about the battery.  I don't even have to glance at the percentage meter.  Not once has this ever died on me or let me down.

Range anxiety is finally a thing of the past.