cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Dual Display you know you need - LG V60

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Dual Display you know you need - LG V60

LGV60.JPG

Welcome to LGs next generation of phones. Recently released is the LG V60 ThinQ 5G.  This device does not shy away from its competitors and brings a little added touch of duality to make it even better. When someone gets this device, they are not only getting 1 phone but they are also getting a 2nd attachable display. This display is what makes LG set itself apart from the rest. Users are given a 2-in-1 solution. The option to utilize their phone standalone or now add in the ability to increase the screen coverage with the added Dual Display case. 

hero-xlarge.jpg 35-xlarge.jpg4-medium.jpg

The phone comes with some intriguing specs. A 6.8" OLED FHD+ display providing a 2460 x 1080 Resolution. Though LG opted to not jump on the trend its screen still remains with the standard 60Hz refresh rate. But do not let that bring you down as the clarity on the screen is crystal clear. Some stand out features includes a triple rear camera setup including 64MP standard, 13MP wide-Angle and Z Camera and Front 10MP camera. Added in is the ability to shoot in 8K quality tied to HDR10 and with the 4 discreet microphones allows for more in depth audio pickup including Voice Bokeh and even ASMR recording abilities. Let us not forget about the 5000 mAh battery and the speed of Qualcomms Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core processor. The heart of the phone. 

The Qualcom 865 chip is the champion of chip sets.  The chip itself is able to handle up to 7.5Gbps download per second and 3Gbps upload ability. While LTE 5G tech is not quite there I have seen tests where LTE download speeds did surpass 1Gbps. The Processor sports the updated 585 CPU with 8 cores giving a clock speed of 2.84ghz. The NEW updated GPU Adreno 650 can render and mimic real-life look, feel, depth, and material, giving a user a graphical representation of a true-to-life experience. 

As with all my phones I run a series of benchmark tests to determine the phone's ability to handle its processor/GPU and memory available. I like to know where my phone stands in comparison to other devices. I have tested the device using 4 different performance management software each yielded some great results. When I run my tests, I do this first before setting up any other application or service. I have minimal services running in the foreground or background so as to not skew my results. I also make sure my battery operational temperature is around 24-28 degrees Celsius. 

geekbench4.png

Geekbench 5

This performance test again measures the GPU's ability and the CPU processing power. Geekbench 5 is new and scores are calibrated against a baseline score of 1000 (which is the score of an Intel Core i3-8100). You can expect the same hardware to produce a score 75 to 80 percent lower on Geekbench 5.  Higher scores are better, with double the score indicating double the performance. The LG V60 handled itself quite well with a single-core score of 914 and Multi-core of 3422. The processor is showing signs to be able to handle extreme heavy usage with high end games and heavy CPU needs being met. For the Graphics computational test Geekbench 5 utilizes 2 testing methods OpenCL and Vulkan tests. The LG V60 scored a 3422 for OpenCL and 3178 for Vulkan test scores. 

Screenshot_20200613-211359.pngScreenshot_20200613-211729.pngScreenshot_20200613-213449.png

AmishTech_5-1574611181052.png

PCMARK for Android

Utilizing the work 2.0 performance test the application ran its myriad of tests checking processing, picture manipulating, and editing ability of documents, navigating interweb and data manipulation. Along with this test I evaluated the Computer Vision option which aims to focus on the device’s performance with image recognition tasks. Finally, the Storage test which checks for the devices ability to handle fast smooth stutter-free performance when accessing storage content.  Work 2.0 performance yielded a score of 10223, Computer vision came in at 6656, and the Storage component was 24461. All these scores are in line with high end multitasking devices. For comparison the LG G8X scored 9345/3712/13514 and LG G8 scored 8647/5243/8524 in the same tests. 

Screenshot_20200613-231721.pngScreenshot_20200613-235001.pngScreenshot_20200613-235052.png

AmishTech_9-1574611181074.png

3DMark 

With 3DMark I ran the Sling Shot Extreme which utilizes the OpenGL ES 3.1 or Vulkan graphics API. Graphic tests are based on a 2560 x 1440 screen resolution. The Slingshot ES 3.1 - Demo program is extremely demanding to get the results it looks for. The applications also test the devices rendering abilities, graphic intensive ability. It is geared for evaluating a devices ability to handle high end computations for graphic rendering and video playback. It is computed via a graphics test and a physics test to measure CPU performance. The LG V60 Had an Impressive score of 7203 for OpenGL ES 3.1 and 6377 for Vulkan. In comparison the LG G8X had 5763/4867 and the LG G8 had a score of 5660/4976. The V60 scored 78% better thank results from all other devices. 

Screenshot_20200613-214657.pngScreenshot_20200613-220713.png

CPU Throttling.jpg

CPU Throttling Test

When testing the LG V60 the Qualcomm 865 chip showed to have a maximum CPU clock rate of 2.84Ghz. Under heavy load we were able to see a maximum performance of 216,247 GIPS (billion instructions per second) obtained. The average GIPS was 198,514 and on the low end ranked in at 171,700GIPS. The LG V60 was showed to be throttled down to 84% of the available processor speed available. 

Screenshot_20200614-150400.png

The LG V60 ThinQ brings with it the next generation of processing power. Providing users everything they need from regular work applications to high end gaming to even better photographs. This phone is great for any user type of experience. 

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Follow me and check out some of my other blogs including more on the LG V60 ThinQ when they become available:

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint/Tmobile employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint/Tmobile devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint/Tmobile. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #productambassador #tmoemployee