cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tired of spam callers? How the Google Pixel 4 and 4XL can help: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

One of the most irritating things that happen during the day is the dreaded spam call. You know what I am talking about. It seems that I will get into a great grove working or doing something important and then the phone will buzz. 

No, I do not want to hear how to save on healthcare. No, I do not want to hear the exciting news about how I can lower my credit card interest rate (I have no credit card debt). Yes, that is great news about how I have been selected for a better mortgage. Very interesting indeed since I have had one in several years. 

Thankfully, the Google Pixel 4 and 4XL come with an automatic call screening feature that will help keep those pesky interrupters away. Do not look to activate this feature on other Pixel devices as it is currently available only for the Pixel 4.

Setting the call screening feature is easy and handled through the settings menu of the phone app. Here are the complete instructions for setting this up. 

I have set mine to automatically screen spam calls, faked numbers, and private or hidden numbers. First-time callers will be allowed to ring through and a call from someone on my contact list goes right through without screening. If a call is blocked as spam, there is an option to later change the status of the number back to unblocked. This comes in handy if you for some reason were to accidentally block someone. (um sorry Karen L). 

Screenshot_20200103-132150-COLLAGE (1).jpg

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee