Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is DeX and how well does it work with Note 10+

Sprint Product Ambassador

Have you heard of DeX? Well if you haven’t I am about to explain this feature now or actually I should say app not feature. So Dex is an app that is going to help you use your computer or TV screen and use the phone to replace the laptop or desktop. When this ability first came out and still for some older Samsung phones you may need to use a dex stand but for Note 10 plus all you will need is a dongle that will allow you to connect the phone to whichever screen whether it’s a computer screen or laptop. As phones are getting more expensive they are getting more powerful and aside from screen size some have always wondered when this desktop computer elimination would occur. So I decided to think about things I only use the computer for and in considering this I took the risk and said for the next 3 days I will only use DeX to see what can and cannot be done. For me, I did not find a single task that I couldn’t do in fact I was very impressed with how well the system held up. I did ask my spouse to play around and she did end up determining that video and photo editing were not the best and she would have still rather use computer features for this but a one device life is not far fetched and I can say I can see this happening not too long from now.

Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee