cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Impression of the Tile Tracker - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Final Impression of the Tile Tracker - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, the Tile has been gracing my keychain for a quite a few weeks now and like a distant friend, although we don't talk every day, it's always nice knowing I can reach out whenever I need to.  As a whole, I LOVE what the Tile offers me and that most importantly includes peace of mind.  The Tile insures that as I have a phone, I will be able to find my keys (or whatever the Tile is attached to).

Although there are mostly good things to say about Tile there are a few things to consider:

The first limitation is each Tile tracker has a shelf life. The battery will only last you a year and then the whole device will need replacing. I can deal with that consumption (personally) but it could be a turn off for some people.  The entry price is low and beyond that, Tile has programs in place to help save you a little money each time you replace. Remember, your Tile's battery is both soldiered in place and completely sealed.  This means two important things:  #1 - reliability (the battery will not come loose and always will provide power to the device) & #2 - durability (a sealed enclosure means the circuitry is safely protected to continue to work in harsh conditions).  As compared to similar models this tracker has done things correctly and you can't truly appreciate that until you see how other devices compromise reliability by easing up on protection and serviceability.

Secondly, although this tracker does awesome job of using a phone to find keys, I don't entirely agree with the reverse scenario.  As things are today, I wouldn't recommend it for someone trying to use the Tile to find a lost phone. This is mainly because the Tile App needs to be running at the time of loss and doesn't automatically happen. Personally, I simply can never remember to leave that app running. There was at least two times I tried to ring my phone and it didn't work because the App (for whatever reason) wasn't started. Now, I do not entirely have a problem with this.  I don't really even believe that is a good feature to have enabled at all. I stopped using similar devices because became it became more of a more of a nuisance than a feature.  Have you ever pocket-dialed someone?  Well if you keep your keys in your pocket that can happen all too often with other trackers.  I'd be just as happy disabling that feature all together.

The most important thing that I want my readers to take from my experience with Tile is this: When my Tile's battery gets spent I will be purchasing another Tile.  As I find more important places where I Tile should live, I will be buying more Tiles.  I believe in the Tile community, I will be joining the Tile community and wish all of you will join with me. Tile infrastructure is user-dependent and I promote things that make my life easier. Tile does just that.

4.jpg

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.