cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding your Device with Tile - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Tile is pretty handy when you need to locate your items (keys, purse, etc.), however, the cool thing is that it works in the reverse too.  Yes, it will locate your device(s)!

Locating your device from your Tile is quite simple.

1. Ensure you have the Tile app installed on your device and are signed into your account.
  2. Depress the "e" twice on your Tile device.  Tile will sound a tone to locate your misplaced device as long as you're in range.

The Tile tone on your device is very audible and hard to miss.

img_hiw_phone-progressive-2.jpg

A few things to note:

• You must be running the Tile app in the background on your device for this to work.  I have tried this with both Android and iOS, and in both cases I needed to run the app in the background.  If you do not remember to launch the Tile app after rebooting, Tile will be unable to locate your device(s).

• Also, if you have multiple devices signed into the Tile app, Tile will locate the one that it is nearest to that has the app running.

I think this is a cool, handy extra feature they built into Tile and really dig it! I just need to remember to launch the Tile app after rebooting.

If you haven't bought a Tile yet, you can purchase your very own at Sprint. They come in a single pack and four packs.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #tile #sprintproductambassadors