cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lookout for Tile, Now Available In Airport Vending - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Lookout for Tile, Now Available In Airport Vending - Sprint Product Ambassadors

found.jpg

For those of you traveling this summer, you might see a familiar friend lurking in those airport vending kiosks.  This is a friend that can keep an eye on your luggage, gives you peace of mind and now so easy to obtain that it’s practically calling out to you from behind glass.

I’ve been there, I’ve seen it and in at least in two airports that I passed through this year, Tile now graces the top shelf of technology kiosks everywhere.

Wow, I did not think about the application till then.  Tile + Luggage = No More Lost Luggage.  What a super cool idea.

Consider This:

We don’t want to even think about it but, it happens.  On a small scale, on a large scale… airports themselves are big and complex places where things get shuffled around and the potential for lost luggage, although uncommon will (eventually) happen.

Case in point, my wife’s experience last year.   Returning home from her trip was nothing out of the ordinary. I don’t recall her flight delayed.  It was a direct flight and there shouldn’t have been zero margin for error but alas her checked bag went missing. She was devastated.   

Now it only went missing for a day or two but you can imagine her dismay when you call the airline and even they can’t even determine where the bag ended up (at least at that very moment).  Bottom line it can be stressful.

Now just imagine another scenario.  One where you pretty much knew your bag was close before it left the carousel or at the very least could pretty much confirm it wasn’t anywhere in the vicinity where you were looking and where it should be. 

Imagine having the ability to engage other Tile users to help locate that lost device. You know those Tile users that are likely using that very Tile app to locate their own luggage at baggage claim in a city where your luggage may have actually ended up.

Imagine how impressed, the Airline will be when you call asking why your bag ended up in Albuquerque, NM? 

I can honestly say my interest is peaked and I might need a couple more Tiles before my next trip.  How about you?

Are you actually at the airport now reading blog?  Well, walk over to that Kiosk already.  It’s probably right around that corner next to the newsstand.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.