cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tile Takes a Licking Keeps on Ticking - Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador

My Tile Takes a Licking Keeps on Ticking - Sprint Product Ambassador

Exposed.jpg

As a Tile owner I had the unfortunate mishap of the leaving my keys in my pocket while washing my clothes. Now for those who don't know, the Tile is pretty durable. But how durable is it really. I decided to give it a good whirl. Let us talk about IP standards that has been designated for the TILE. The International Protection Marking is the designation given to a product referencing its ability to handle environmental changes.

The IP markings is a two digit number. The first digit represents a solid particle level protection (think dust). The second digit is the liquid ingress protection. With dust the ratings goes from 0-6 where zero has no protection and 6 means it is dust tight. With TILE they have not listed the dust durability but from the tight enclosure with no moving parts I would say it is probably at a 5. If it had a rubber gasket I would think the rating would increase to the highest. When it comes to liquid protection this ratings extends from 0 all the way 9. With zero meaning it has no protection to 9 meaning the item is submersible for a lengthy time with no issue. The Tile has a rating of a 5. This equates to water being blasted from any angle on to the object and will have no harmful effects.

Now granted it is not submersible but that did not stop me. Well I did not plan to submerse mine but things happen. As I began the discussion I stated I washed mine unintentionally. Guess what it survived. Now based on its ratings the Tile should have failed. Did I also mention I dried it to? It was in my pants pocket, again it survived the intense heat. Now I'm not one to say go and wash yours and dry it but it is nice to know that simple accidents while they do occur my Tile was robust enough to hold up and survive. I would say it held up to the most robust specs as in military standards. I never did test the durability of the tiny device but its hard shell is comprised of a dense plastic. As the Tile company states it's durable enough to withstand what the world throws at it.  If it can withstand the world then it has to be super strong.

Please visit my other blogs regarding the Tile:

Tile - HELP!! "Find my Tile" - Sprint Product Ambassador

Tile - Bluetooth Tracker Initial Review - Sprint Product Ambassador

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee