cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never misplace your keys again

Sprint Product Ambassador

Tile.jpgI've often thought that it would be really cool if I could find my keys using Bluetooth.  I have lost my keys more than once, so this is something that comes up more frequently then I care to admit.  I'm already carrying a fob that allows keyless entry and starting of my car, so why can't I use a similar device to find my keys?

Fortunately for me, Tile has created exactly what I need. The Tile, from Tile.  So is that the Tile Tile? The Tile squared?  It is literally, a small tile with a Bluetooth receiver / transmitter and tiny speaker inside.  You sync it with your phone or phones, tablets, whatever using the Tile app, and can make it beep from your phone, tablet, and / or webpage.  On one side of the Tile is the word, "tile".  The "e" is actually the button.  IMAG0413.jpgSo if you are looking for your keys, and the Tile is beeping, you can either press the "e" button when you find your keys, or cancel the page from the Tile app on your phone.  Pretty cool, huh?

It gets cooler.  Let's say you are the type of person who might possibly lose your keys occasionally.  It is conceivable that you might also lose your phone from time to time as well.  It has happened to me.  If you have lost your phone, but have your keys, just press the "e" button twice.  An audible alarm will go off on your phone as long as the app is running.  Let's take it a step further; let's say you have managed to misplace both your keys and your phone, in separate places, (I'm not that bad).  You can track them both down with only the one Tile.  Just first locate the Tile attached to your keys from the Tile webpage, (assuming you haven't lost your computer too), and once you have found your keys, double-click the "e" to find your phone.

The tile is water resistant, but not water proof.  One of my co-workers did recently run his Tile through his washer and dryer, (not on purpose), and it still works perfect.

Sprint is currently selling these tiny necessities at all of our retail stores.  Just click on http://storelocator.sprint.com/locator/?INTNAV=LeftNav:More:LocateStore to locate a Sprint store near you.  The cost for such a sanity-saving device?  Only twenty-five bucks each!  Personally, I'd get the four pack which sells for only $69.99.

Have you tried the Tile yet?  Let me know what you think about it.

IMAG0409.jpg

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

#Tile #iOS #Android #Sprint #Disorganized