cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tile Bluetooth Tracker - Sharing Tiles - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey again, everyone!

As I have mentioned in my previous blogs, the Tile is a fantastic and almost necessary accessory for anyone.

Did you know you can share a Tile registered to your account with another trusted user?  Yep, you can! This makes locating items even easier and convenient. If you share keys, bags, or other items with another person, then sharing a Tile allows both users to locate the item quickly.

First, you want to add a new tile (or use one you already have registered – we’re going with registering a new one for this example) by clicking the + symbol in the lower right corner of the Tile app. Select either Original or Slim, depending on the Tile you have.  We’re selecting Original in this example because that’s what I have at the moment.

Screenshot_20160923-084548.pngScreenshot_20160923-084552.png 

Once you follow the on-screen directions to pair the Tile, you can tag the Tile as a particular item that it is associated with from the list. Some options include keys, wallets, vehicles, bicycles, etc.  I’m choosing spare key (at the bottom of the list), as I tend to lose this key often, especially when I need it the most after locking myself out of the house (Who does that?!).

Screenshot_20160923-084557.pngScreenshot_20160923-084605.pngScreenshot_20160923-084609.png
Once you’ve selected the option you want, it’ll bring you to a “find” screen to find the tile you just activated. Go ahead and click “find” and you’ll hear the Tile ring and you can then click the ‘e’ on the Tile to silence the alarm. It’ll bring you back to the list of all Tiles associated with your account.

Screenshot_20160923-084852.png 

From here, click the tile you just added. Often, the Tile app will show tips and it could show you a blurb about sharing the Tile. You can click Share Tile from here if you see that message. Otherwise, click the options tab and click “share with.”  You’re presented with a popup message that advises you the other user will see it in their Tile app and can ring it and update its location. Click next and enter the email address of the person you want to share it with. Once you’ve entered the email address, click Send and you will be taken back to the options screen.

Screenshot_20160923-084931.pngScreenshot_20160923-084934.pngScreenshot_20160923-084948.pngScreenshot_20160923-085047.png 

You can now see that the Tile is shared with another user.  Keep in mind that you can only share a Tile with one person. You can share each Tile with a different person, but one Tile can only be used between two users. You can un-share at any time by tapping the “Shared With” and clicking “unshare.” 

Screenshot_20160923-085136.png 

The other user will be able to see the shared Tile on his or her phone in the list of available Tiles. The user can Click the options for a Tile and see who is sharing it with them.

Screenshot_20160923-085534.png

Another nice thing about Tile sharing is that the app tells you who the Tile is connected to if it’s currently connected.  If not, it will say it was last seen at “xyz location” and you have the option of clicking notify when found.  This would then utilize the crowd locating option where another Tile user can help locate it just by passing by – this will trigger an email alert/app alert saying it was located.

Screenshot_20160923-085547.pngScreenshot_20160923-085553.png

As you can see, Tile makes it even easier to keep track of the things you need the most. Whether it be shared keys, a bike, a spare key, a backpack, an umbrella, or nearly anything you can imagine, Tile and the application help to ensure you’re never too far away.

As always, thank you for reading.  Have you used the Tile sharing feature?

Until next time!

~ Troy

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Author’s Note:  The use of trademarks or copyrighted names are for reference only. The content in this post is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the owners of said copyrights or trademarks.