cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tile Bluetooth Tracker - Unboxing (VIDEO) and Initial Impressions - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hey again, everyone!

I told you I would be back soon!  This time, I am back with the Tile accessory! This is the first time I’ve been given an accessory to demo for this program, and I am quite excited.  Not to mention it is for a pretty awesome product!  

What is Tile? 

Tile is a small Bluetooth enabled tracker that can be used to find nearly anything you want to keep track of. It connects to your device via Bluetooth and the convenient and easy-to-use Tile app. From here, you can locate your Tile, meaning you can locate anything the Tile is connected to. Perhaps you want to track a wallet, keys, a laptop, a tablet, external HDD or an external battery; Tile will be with you each step of the way to help you locate the items that matter most to you. In fact, Tile says it better with this video: 

How do I get Tile? 

Tile is offered at Sprint Stores – you can find a Sprint Store near you by navigating to www.sprint.com/store locator and entering your zip code.  Additionally, you can use the Sprint Zone app on your phone (where available) to locate a store and schedule an appointment!  

Tile comes in two varieties at Sprint stores: single pack and four pack.  The single pack is $24.99+tax (where applicable) and the four pack is $69.99+tax (where applicable) 

SAM_5903.JPG

Why Would I need Tile? 

How many times have you lost an item and spent countless minutes, hours, or even days searching for it? No longer will you need to with Tile.  Once you’ve connected a Tile to an item of your choosing, you are able to track it with the convenient and easy-to-use application on an Android or iOS smartphone. The tile has a convenient opening that fits on keyrings or carabiner clips; however, it can be adhered to surfaces such as the backs of tablets, laptop screens, external HDDs, etc. using double-sided adhesive (sold separately).  

My grandmother is the queen of lost items. We refer to her house as the Bermuda Triangle due to the number of items that have gone missing in the home over the years. One thing she loses the most, and seems to find eventually, is her keys. When I was younger, we always joked and told her she needed a tracker on them so she could locate them. So, she opted to keep them on her neck using a lanyard. Now, however, she can upgrade from a lanyard and move into Tile. Tile will allow her to track her keys and her smartphone, making it even more convenient.  Welcome to the future, grandma!   

If you’re like my grandmother, then you need Tile. I lose items constantly, or at least misplace them for a quick moment, so having Tile connected to the items I seem to lose the most makes losing/misplacing items hassle and worry free.  

What’s in the Box (4 Pack)? 

I purchased the 4-pack after receiving a single item from Tile. I did not have a box for an unboxing video/demonstration, so I wanted to purchase a full kit for the demonstration (video below). I opted for the four pack because I knew I could use at least five Tiles on various items (Keys, laptops, external battery charger, etc.).   

The box contains: 

4 – Tiles 

1 – Instructions/Warranty card (5 languages) 

I will admit that the packaging is too much for four Tiles. I hope that Tile can make the packaging smaller in the future to reduce material and size, as it is not necessary. However, that’s a minor issue at this time, especially considering that the Tile itself is 99.9% recyclable (Source).

SAM_5904.JPG

SAM_5905.JPG

Size of the Tiles 

Tiles are small and unobtrusive. I compared it to a cartridge for a Nintendo 3DS game, and as you can see, the size is nearly identical. It’s about 1.5” wide and 1.5” tall about and about ¼” thick, meaning it is really small when compared with other items such as a credit/debit card or even a key!  Here it is in comparison to a Nintendo 3DS cartridge:  

SAM_5906.JPG

SAM_5908.JPG

Initial Impressions 

I am already quite pleased with the Tiles I have, and I am planning to purchase more in the future. I am looking forward to the various uses with the Tile accessories and how these will help me find lost items.  I am especially interested in the crowd find option, which uses others’ tiles to help locate your own tiled item.  I’ll see if I can get that to work in another blog.   

I haven’t really lost anything yet, but I will “lose” an item soon to test out the capabilities of the Tile and how well it works.   

Unboxing video:

Stay tuned for future blog posts on some additional or unique uses of Tile, how to use the application, how to share your Tiles with others, etc. I’ll be back next week!

In the meantime, feel free to hit me up on Twitter @TroyGlidden and let me know how you use Tile! Also make sure to mention @TheTileApp and use hashtag #TiledIt!

Until next time!

~ Troy

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Author’s Note:  The use of trademarks or copyrighted names are for reference only. The content in this post is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the owners of said copyrights or trademarks.

7 Comments