cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two weeks with the Tile

Sprint Product Ambassador

It has been two weeks since I received and activated my Tile. Starting with just one I had to prioritize where I was going to attach it and the choice for me was pretty easy. Keys! Yes I am one of those people that tend to misplace my keys once every few days.

If my wife were writing this today she would tell stories of countless times she has had to join me in the ever fun key hunt as we are trying to blaze our way out the door to some event or dinner with friends. My penchant for loss peaks especially during times in life when I am stressed or in a hurry. Lost keys of course just add to the intensity of stress during these times.

So with two weeks behind me what have been the results?

20160915_144710.jpg

The good

Thanks to the tile I have with ease been able to locate my keys in seconds if misplaced at home, at my desk and even once between the seats in my car. The app on my phone has made it a breeze to quickly activate a search and the tone produced by the Tile is plenty loud enough to be heard. Just yesterday I thought the keys were hiding only to find them quickly under a kitchen towel thanks to the Tile. 

I have used the app to Tile feature more than I had expected and a couple of times did the reverse to quickly locate my phone by double pressing the E on the Tile itself.

Perhaps the most fun has been demonstrating these features to people I encounter. I have yet to show it to a single person that has not thought of how the Tile find feature would benefit them or someone they know. This is especially true after I let them know it cost just $25.

The BAD

Now the Tile is does not work 100% of the time to locate items. The connection is through Bluetooth so there are constraints on range. Also, for the tile to force ring my phone the App has to be running in the background. Running the AP is not something that most people would do every day on purpose.

Despite these minor challenges, my experience has gone so well that I have purchased additional Tiles from Sprint.com. Soon my other greatest hits lost items like my wallet and work ID badge will also not as often be items of stress during a rushed morning. I am certainly looking forward to that!

Overall, my experience has meet my expectations and if you are someone that will like a little extra help finding frequently misplaced items then the Tile is for you. That is as long as you understand and keep in mind the locating constraints due to the need for Bluetooth proximity.

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee