cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You don't need a TIle until you do

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Tile is a device that you don't need. You can go days, weeks, possibly even months and not need it until one day, you do.  It's like a little insurance policy.  Hopefully you won't need it, but when you do, you really need it, and you must rely on it to work.

I have needed it a couple of times in the past month, and it saved me much time and anxiety because I was quickly able to locate the last place I left my keys, (on a coffee table in the living room and in a pair of pants in the dirty laundry).

One thing I was initially disappointed about was its sealed battery design, but now that I've used it, I can see the wisdom in it.  You see, the battery is guaranteed to work for at least a year.  After a year, you will be contacted by Tile to arrange a replacement.  You keep using your original tile while they cross-ship a replacement to you.  You will need to purchase a replacement from Tile every year, but at a reduced price, "as much as 50% off", according to Tile. They recommend against using it past a year, even if the battery is still going strong, because, when you need to use it, you will really need to use it.  Letting a year go by without replacing it is like letting your home insurance policy lapse; probably not a good idea.

The battery in the Tile is both soldered and glued into place.  It is not going to move.  It is not going to lose connection.  It will work when you need it to.  At first, I scoffed at the idea of basically paying an annual subscription for a Bluetooth key chain, but now that I've actually had to rely on it, I can say that it's actually a necessity, and I plan on purchasing more for myself and my family.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee