cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my Username?

Go to solution
Community Manager

I have had this question a few times, so I wanted to post a tip here!  How do I change my Username?

First you need to login in to the Community with your existing username.  Once you have done that, then click on your Avatar in the middle of the page ( click here to make sure you are on the home page) this is what you should see:Welcome.PNG

Click on My Settings, and you will see selection of areas to choose from, if not already displaying, click on Personal, and then change your username!  You will be required to verify it is your via email, but it is that simple!!

Crusader for Customer Advocacy
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Check out the TKB Solution, if there are updates to this we'll add them here: How do I change my Community Username?

I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".
Journeyman

Re: How do I change my Username?

Have things changed around this?

There is no option to change username when I view personal information under My Settings.  I have reviewed every possible option under the settings area, and nowhere does it give me an option to change my username.

Sprint_Communities_Username_change.png

Journeyman

This was answered by A11ey. She gets the credithere, I just copied and pasted Smiley Happy hope it helps tho!Smiley Happy
How to Post on the Community!
Another question I get asked a lot...How do I post on the Community?
First create a username and password. On the home page click the sign in button, then click the "New User? Register here." link.
Once you are registered, come back to the community and you can:
search for an existing topic (always recommended in case someone else has had the same question)
find a forum and click on the Start Topic button
Click the Reply or Quick Reply button and start typing your response.
Additionally, if you start to type a response and have not yet logged in, you will be prompted to login before you can post your response!
Community Manager

I think it's turned off at the moment, @ChristopherCash,  @A11ey and I are reviewing the option to turn it back on.  I know when I graduated from SocialCare to Administrator it was a pretty big hassle changing my name (betcha didn't know I used to be Sprint_Christy) but the new platform makes it easy *blows kisses to Lithium*

Anyway, standby for an update here.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff

Community Manager

Right now the only way to change your username is to contact @seawolf or @A11ey.  As @seawolf mentions we are reviwing this option and the impacts it could have.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Alright mates, you asked, we answered.  As of now, you should be able to change your Username on your own.

If you have issues or it's still not working, let us know and thanks for improving the Community by asking for something that benefits everybody!

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!