cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Post on the Community!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: How to Post on the Community!

I've tried to post several times.  I set up an account.  I completed my registration, but I can't post anything.  I can't even figure out where to post anything.  I'm so frustrated!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

what issue or question do you have? i can point you to the area you would want to ask it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for responding.

I just wasn't seeing any place to post, and it wouldn't let me start a new subject.  Now it seems to be working.

Maybe it just takes a while after you finish registration.

Anyway, I was able to post something.

Thanks!

GrandMaster

since its a new site account i can see it taking a bit for it to fully register internally. i can still point you to where you are wanting to post..

might even bookmark some of the areas for later on questions..main ones i would bookmark would be the specific ones for whatever devices you own..the one for network issues/questions..and possibly billing. i can give you a link to those..just need to know which device(s) you have.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'm using my Lenovo Laptop with Windows 10 installed.  

Thanks for your help!

GrandMaster

no i mean what phone or phones do you have and i can post a link directly to the area dedicated to those devices etc.

Journeyman

Oh, sorry! 

I have a samsung galaxy S9.

Thanks!

GrandMaster

ok so quicky run down on how the site works..you are currently posting in a thread..the link im about to post is for the Samsung lines..BUT..its a break down of most of their devices..since you have the S series and not a Note for example you would pop in there and then select the option for the S series..https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/ct-p/samsung

im going to post the link to the S series forum anyways to make it easier for you but mainly using the above link as a tutorial sort of lol.

Galaxy S series forum

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S-Series/bd-p/GalaxyS8

Services will cover a few different forums but many of the ones you might end up using at some point like Network, plans, services etc.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/My-Services/ct-p/plans

My Account will cover multiple areas as well including Billing, payments, orders and questions about your account etc.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/My-Account/ct-p/payments

anything that says "knowledge base" will contain solved questions/info that was saved for others to hopefully find an answer to one of their existing issues/questions.

GrandMaster

forgot to add (i also forgot to look up top at what all was mentioned to NOT do in here lol)..whenever posting on the site here do NOT post any personal info such as account info, physical address, phone number etc..if a location is needed stick to the closest cross streets..or a physical address of a large business (malls, hospitals) as well as the zip code. helps narrow down which tower you more than likely connect to so the agent popping in has a starting point to look at without a bunch of back and forth info gathering needed. try to get as much info in as you can without turning it into a autobiography lol.

if the agent needs any of your account info or physical address it will be requested via private message..usually they will initiate it and let you know that they sent you one.

Edit number 3

also when starting a thread (there will be a yellow button top right ish of the screen for starting a thread in one of the dedicated areas) make sure you add a subject line..if  you forget to add that in the thread will not go through and you will have to start over again. must have a subject title.

Journeyman

Thank you so much!

That was very helpful!

GrandMaster

*tips hat*

shucks...twerent nothin Smiley Happy

Journeyman

I've tried to post to the "community" board all day.  There is no button to start a new topic anywhere so I do a search on my question, find something similar, scroll to the bottom and find the box to ask my question.  Okay, I start my question, hit the Continue button and I takes me to the new screen to compose my question....except the drop-down menu where I am required to select which area I want to post my question in doesn't work.  The drop-down contains Choose a Q&A or Show All. Leaving it as Choose a Q&A prevents my question from submitting.  Selecting Show All opens a menu that shows 1 option - Sprint Community...and you can't select it.  So because neither of these drop-down choices work, my question will not submit.

I thought it was because I was trying to do it on my phone and maybe Sprint isn't up to date and won't let you submit from a phone....so I tried it on my iPad and my Toshiba laptop.  Same result.

Has Sprint shut down the Community? 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat