Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring ownership of a legacy account

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Transferring ownership of a legacy account

Hi, I had a question about transferring ownership of an Unlimited Freedom MRC plan from my dad's name to my own. The plan is old enough that its specific configuration is no longer offered. Therefore my question is would transferring the ownership of the plan to a new account associated with my own name affect the offerings I received with that plan? I know transferring ownership terminates the previous plan if it was a limited-time promotional offering and I was wondering if my current situation qualified as such.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thank you for the quick reply! This answered my exact question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey! If the plan your dad has is an expired plan & you wish to do a Change Of Ownership (COO) to have an account in your name, then you'd need one of our current plans. The expired plan wouldn't be able to be transferred across. As for your dad, he can remain on the expired plan but if he changes plans anytime in the future then he wouldn't be able to get back the expired plan ( just a little something extra). Hope I was able to answer your question. 

Highlighted

Thank you for the quick reply! This answered my exact question.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

You're most welcome then 😉. Have a wonderful weekend & be safe & of course thank you for choosing Sprint, now part of T-Mobile. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat