cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activating UNLOCKED google pixel coming from Project FI

Go to solution
Journeyman

Activating UNLOCKED google pixel coming from Project FI

When I enter my IMEI to add it to a new plan I started (MY wife has just joined) this weekend, the IMEI check says this device is already on the Sprint Network.

My device will be paid in full this month, and I am not under contract with Google Fi.

What are the steps to move from Google Fi to Sprint ??

I am seeing similar posts with resolutions from:

Sprint_Kryshna
Sprint_Carlos
Sprint_Mayorin

Tags (4)
9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: Activating UNLOCKED google pixel coming from Project FI

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Google/How-to-add-a-phone-to-Sprint-s-Database-Fix-Incompatible-with...

follow the steps on page one.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I do NOT get the same error (Incompatible with Brand ) as on your suggested link.

My error =

"Sprint service already activated

This phone has already been activated for Sprint service."

Would the same fix apply ?

GrandMaster

you said you are moving from Google Fi...the steps in that link are to add a device to Sprints system and or get the rest of the ball rolling.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

as well as how to contact an agent and what info they are needing

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thank you for working with me FahimDaDream. If anyone else is having an issue with their Google Fi phone, you will need to have the phone released from Google Fi. We can load the device with the IMEI. We recommend waiting about 24 hours for it to work.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Hi,

I was wondering whether having my phone released by Google Fi, then activating it on Sprint counts as a *new* Sprint account activation. I need to activate a new account when signing up in order to qualify for an American Airlines miles promotion. Thanks!

Shao

That is a great question. If you don't have an account with us already and not just adding a line, then yes. Coming from another carrier to Sprint, would be considered a "new account". We'll be happy to get you activated.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

Hi RedCruzr, I'm having the same problem and Google FI have released my Pixel XL IMEI. Can you please add my IMEI to Sprint network?

Wizard

Good morning. I would be more than happy, to take care of this for you. I'm going to send you a private message now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat