Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BYOD upgrade after 120 days

Journeyman

BYOD upgrade after 120 days

I signed up for the free unlimited service for one year in February.  The offer originally stated I would be eligible for an upgrade after 120 days.  I am now trying to upgrade my device, but I was told that I cannot upgrade my phone without losing the rest of my free year.  Is there any way to upgrade my phone without losing the last few months of my free year?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Good morning, VirtualAnomaly. With the BYOD Free Unlimited for 1 Year, customer are able to upgrade after 120 days, but it has to be completed online. With this plan, completing any account changes, adding a phone or line, upgrading, activating a phone, or even swapping a phone, can result in losing the discount on this plan. 

With that being said, we are always here to provide, and even walk you the steps needed to complete any action you may need to do. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

@Cat_Sprint  If I upgrade online, will I still lose the remaining months?  I have ordered the upgrade online.  Is there anything special I need to do once it arrives to switch to the new phone without losing the remaining months?

If I will lose the remaining months, how do I return the phone I ordered online?

You shouldn't lose the discount if you upgrade online. As for activating your phone once you have it. Just follow the steps below on your MySprint account: 

1. Sign in to sprint.com with a valid username and password.
  2. Click on Activate, then click on either Your own device or Your new device.
  3. Select the PTN/Device that you would like to swap out. If you do not see your device in the list, click Show All Devices to display more.
  4. If you're swapping from an iPhone that needs to be returned to Sprint, you need to do a few things. You must turn off Find my iPhone before you can activate your new device
  5. You can either manually enter in a device IMEI or see past devices on your account to choose device to activate
  6. Upon entering your IMEI, if it is a valid device, you will see it appear below IMEI field.
  7. From this screen, you can review your device that you are changing from, as well as your new device that you will be activating.
  8. A confirmation screen will show that their device is activated.

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat