cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not sign into Tidal (Premium Plus Plan)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can not sign into Tidal (Premium Plus Plan)

So I am a new Sprint customer as of 9/21. Came from AT&T due to special pricing. My wife and I love our two iPhone XS Max, service is good, Customer service is the worst experince I have every had to deal with. I am having such a simple problem its funny how no one can figure it out.

My problem: When I activated my iPhone I received a txt message saying "Sprint: you now have unlimited music & videos included, visit (link) to download Tidal and start listening to your favorite music". I clicked the link and downloaded Tidal (via Wifi) and tried to start listening to music until a pop up on Tidal comes up reading, " Welcome to Tidal, Choose a subsciption to start your free trial. " TWO OPTIONS:

-Choose Subsciption, which wants me to enroll in a subsciption, either $12.99 or $25.99. WHY WOULD I SUBSCRIBE IF I PAY FOR IT ON MY SPRINT ACCOUNT!

-Renew Purchase, which brings up an error code 999 and recommends calling customer support.

After speaking to several customer services representatives, I have restarted my phone several times, redownloaded the app (on wifi and Sprint network), and still in the same situation on both phone on account. 

So to wrap it up, I pay $9.99 for Tidal on my premium plus plan but can NOT access it. 

My attempts to fix issue: 

-9/22 10am-12am, I called the Sprint technical support line twice, and spoke to two representatives that could not understand my issue and there was a langauge barrier that was very difficult. After an hour on the phone, with two differnt representatives, we finally gave up and headed to our local Sprint store...big mistake.

-9/22 12pm-12:30pm I went to a "authorizated" Sprint store (3000 SW Topeka Blvd), where one employee was working and helping 8 sprint customers, the day after an iPhone release. The employee attempted to help by calling her manager, who had no idea how to help with the issue and referred us to another Sprint store, so we thought, might as well try it, maybe they have more help. 

-9/22 1pm-3pm We went to another "authorizated" Sprint store (1801 SW Wanamaker Rd K-3) which was another mistake. The employee again was by himself the day after an iPhone release. The employee tried several things, restarting, redownloading but had to resort to calling technical support. The employee waiting on hold for 20-30 minutes until hanging up and just giving me the support telephone number (1-855-881-4666). This was techinal support based in Oklahoma, which allowed for the representative to understand my issue. 

-9/22 3pm, Spoke to techincal support representative from Oklahoma who opened a ticket (#280687-180922) and I hoped this was the final call I would have to make to Sprint tech support. 

-9/24 (2-3 hrs) My wife recevied a message saying, "Sprint Ticket Support-Please call toll free to 1-855-426-6623 regarding your open ticket". So I called, waited on hold for 28 minutes until hanging up in frustration and calling back the Oklahoma tech support to see if they could give me some answers. The techical support could NOT contact the ticket department which I had holded for 28 minutes for. The representative also told me, my ticket would be voided if I did NOT contact Sprint within 48 hours, I was frustrated but again waited on hold for 22 minutes for the ticket department with the Sprint representative on the line. Still no solution. 

-9/25 I called the Ticket department (1-855-426-6623) and after waiting 18 minutes talked to a representative named Rue. Rue collected info and put in an escalated ticket and told me they would call me back once a solution has been found. I am still awaiting a response. 

This is frustrating because Tidal is suppose to be a bonus for the premium plus plan and I looked forward to cancelling Apple Music and using Tidal. 

If this is not fixed within the next 5 days, I will be cancelling my Sprint account and trying another carrier. 

51 REPLIES 51
Journeyman

Re: Can not sign into Tidal (Premium Plus Plan)

I have had the same frustrating experience and still it is not resolved.  Also signed up for family plan with 4 new phones and a byo device and watch with premium plus on my line which is to include Tidal. 

All customer service says is to is to sign up for Tidal Premium but then the app says you are then down for a monthly $12.99 charge after 30 day free trial. Okay then you get a message from the Apple App Store confirming you will be charged 12.99 via the ApplePay credit card on file.  This certainly does not seem right or appropriate and nobody at Sprint customer care or information online at Sprint or Tidal seems to address this confusing situation.

Would someone at sprint please respond to this and inform us what to do?

Journeyman

@ChillBachmans This has been very frustrating. I am glad to hear I am not the only one in the situation. Your discription is clear and well written. Thank you for detailing out our issue without all my woes. 

Hopefully Sprint can make it right...

Wizard

Hey ConnerSilde. Let me see what I can do, so you can enjoy that free music. I'll need to get into your account, so I can help you out. I'll PM you now.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Community Manager

What's Up Community!  I can shed some light on this.  Sprint IT investigated this issue yesterday and have engaged Tidal and Sprint Development teams.  They are both currently investigating and no ETR or workaround is currently known.  I will update once I hear more  

Journeyman

Please! I gotta find a solution. 

Community Manager

@ConnerHilde wrote:

Please! I gotta find a solution. 

You have my word.

Journeyman

Whoa now!

I was the one that started this issue... Why the hell arent any admins contacting me???

I have the same issue and posted, and no response

Journeyman

Hey admin! Why are you ignoring my post?

GrandMaster

if i were to guess its due to an agent not popping into your thread which is the same issue as this thread just yet.

would you like one of the agents in here to pop over there and give you the same answer?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Well... It could be becuase my post was kind of negative hahaha... But either eay this is a serious issue and it needs to be resolved now! I am currently on thr phone with a representing, being put on hold because we cannot contact the correct department. This is a serious internal issue she tells me, and when someome puts in a ticket on their end... They are suppose to contact us back, the other team that deals with this. Well they send texts saying here call this number... And it doesn't work, i explained to the manager it doesn't work ans she finally saw that it really doesn't work... So we are on hold for a good two hours now, still on hold... Waitng for another perosn from the depart to contact us and fix this problem...

But the manager did say something... So with the other services... We had to sign into it... Tidal we didn't, it was associated with our number... So I think that has something to do with it, but i am so close to craking this 

GrandMaster

the current answer has been posted. its a known issue that is being investigated. if you are wanting a fix right now you are currently out of luck on that.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat