cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrific Customer Service, Done With Sprint

Journeyman

Horrific Customer Service, Done With Sprint

I've only been with Sprint for a short time now but I am already done with their service and was hoping for some advice on the best way to cancel my plan and move on to literally any other company at this point. Their customer service has been so completely terrible that I do not want to even think about dealing with them ever again.

To start, my phone was stolen from my earlier in the day. Terrible, not Sprints fault of course, but obviously upsetting. As my job required me to have a phone, I used a friend's phone to call customer service to try and see if I could active an old phone just so that I could have some form of service until I either got my phone back or got a replacement. The person on the line was very confused about the entire process and had no idea what she was doing. In the end, she claimed to have activated my old phone, but she never actually did this. The old phone never worked.

Later in the night, I did manage to get my phone back. Only to discover that while the original rep didn't activate my old phone, she did disable my current phone. So now I had to re-activate my original phone. Should be easy, right? Except, no, it wasn't.

I spent over an hour on the phone with a rep who kept asking me for an PIN that I repeatedly said I did not have. She said it was my BSID (which makes no sense, that's not what a BSID even is) and I know that's what she wanted because she even spelled it out for me said she wanted my B-S-I-D. She then even said she sent a text to me which should have this ID that I should read back to her. Expect, you know, she sent this alleged text to the locked phone I was calling from which couldn't receive text so I have no clue how she thought that I could even possibly read back an ID to her that I clearly could not get. It made absolutely no sense at all. None. 

Finally, after much arguing, I got transferred to her supervisior who at least didn't ask me for things which I had clearly stated I couldn't provide. I answered the security question without problem and we were able to finally unlock my phone! Except, she didn't. She made me hang up to enter in the dial command that's supposed to update/unlock a phone but it did nothing of the sort. The phone updated but it was still locked. I tried to send a message after entering that -- and after I did get a message on the phone claiming it was updated -- only to see that my message was not send because my phone was not active on my account. 

I tried to call back, but, it was not outside of phone hours so I couldn't get a rep. So ... she had done nothing to actually fix the problem and just wanted me off the phone because her shift was ending. I went onto the 24/7 chat where I got someone who wasn't able to fix the issue and just asked me to reboot the phone that did nothing to fix the problem and finally sent me to someone else. Finally this person unlocked my phone but then completely proceeded to ignore the fact that this was an actual problem that it was this difficult to get this issue resolved and was content just with the fact that now my phone was finally working after multiple hours dealing with reps. The solution was just to supply feedback to the previous reps. Yeah, I get it, I'm very unreasonable in wanting my phone to work, I don't see how making that water cooler talk helps anything.

This is completely unacceptable. Needing to go through that many people to solve an issue which should have been easy and doable by the first rep is not something I am willing to be okay with. Heaven forbid my phone had not been returned because who knows how long it would have taken to actually get service added to the old phone. I would rather switch to any other carrier where I have never had these types of problems. Any advice or suggestions on how best to break my contract with Sprint in order to get to any other provider would be appreciated because I am certainly not going through Sprints terrible customer service to even look at canceling an account. Who knows how bad that would end up. 

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Horrific Customer Service, Done With Sprint

I'm truly sorry to hear about your experience, and understand your frustration. This is the time I want to say, I wish you would've come to us first. I need to point out though, that you're currently speaking with Sprint Customer Service, since Community is owned and operated by Sprint. As with all Customer Care agents, we're unable to cancel lines or accounts. Cancellations must go through Account Services. You'd be transferred to them through a Care agent. I can assist you with the costs associated with cancelling. If you would like that information, please send me a private message. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Sprint has poor cell coverage, horrific customer service, ludicrous contract stipulations and overcharged us $3593.34

Background: We have a large family of 7 and decided to switch from Verizon to Sprint about 2 years ago. The thought was to save money knowing that the cell coverage is not as good as Verizon.

What we did: Sprint offered us 3 new free phones via a trade-in program and we had to buy 2 new phones because they were older phones we were trading in. We also purchased a new iPad. We had brought the three working phones into the store but because we ordered over the web, the store had no integration with the internet portion of the Business and we were instructed to ship the phones to the Sprint warehouse.

When it started going bad the first time: Three months after the service started, Sprint starting billing us additional $27.09 per month for 3 of the phones versus originally agreed upon 2. Apparently, upon arrival one of the 3 trade-in phones was no longer working. It was working fine when we brought it into the store and we followed the exact instructions on how to ship it to the Sprint warehouse. We never received the "broken" phone back. When we called customer service to review, we spent over two hours on the phone andthe customer service rep agreed to credit us the costs of the phone on the bill. That never happened. We have called several times since then and there is no record of this inside Sprint.

Net result: We had to pay for an additional phone that we didn't plan on. Net cost to my family $487.62. Sprint had agreed to reimburse us via customer service but that was never documented and we never received that dollar credit and there is no way for us to prove this was agreed upon because we didn't document the actual date/time and person we spoke with.

When it started going back for the second time: In December, our Sprint bill went up significantly out of the blue. Apple had a bug on the phone which forced us to go to the Sprint store and get a new SIM card. During that visit, without our authorization, the Sprint store person changed our plan and separated my wifes phone from the resit of the family. We were paying the plan service fee twice and nobody authorized this from my family. The cost to our family was an additional ~$120. On Feb 23rd 2019, we spoke with Sarah from Oklahoma in customer service at Sprint. We spent over 90 minutes on the phone with Sarah. She seemed reasonable and helpful. She committed to get us reimbursed the $120. This time we documented all of our discussions. Unfortunately, the challenges continued as, during that same phone call, Sarah made us aware of several things we were not aware of. Our phones had been paid off and our initial 18 months had concluded. Because we didn't change our contract within the 30 day window (must have missed an email), Sprint began charging us ~$30 per phone per month which increased our bill by $150 per month for several months. Apparently the ludicrous Sprint contract stipulations states that the cost of the phone, after inital 18 months, is ~$142 to transfer ownership. If you don't buy it, you will be charged the lease rate every month thereafter until you decide to buy the phone. At this point, we had already paid Sprint so much extra lease costs, we more than paid them enough to pay off all of the phones to transfer ownership. Sarah, the customer service rep agreed to "true up" those payments and we would now own all of our phones and we would see the reimbursement of the $120.

We left that call on 2/23 feeling good again about Sprint. Finally, after nearly two years, we were going to see the savings we envisioned by going to Sprint away from Verizon. My phone bill was supposed to be now $165 / month versus $280 I had been paying to Verizon.

Fast forward two months, our Sprint bills were $378 in both March and April. Confused, we called customer service again on Monday 4/8. Obviously at this point in time, we are utterly dissapointed in everything to do with Sprint... poor cell coverage, horrific customer service, ludicrous contract stipulations and the lies. Apparently the customer service rep who told us we had trued up our phones did not and we are still being charged ~$150 leasing fees and we still owe the ~$142 towards transferring phone ownership over to us. When calling in, I explained to Poe, the cusomer service rep that I wanted to escalate this to a manager, he left me on hold so long as I was sent back to the front of the queue and after nearly 30 minutes I was greeted with the level 1 call agent. With the new person, Jen, I asked toescalate again and she got me to a manager. After about 65 minutes on the phone, the issue was escalated and they said they needed a few days tio get back to me about their decision.

Three days later, Sprint called and told me there was once again no accountability or record of what was commited to by Sarah on Feb 23 2019 and that my bill was accurate and there was nothing they could do because the ludicrous contract stipulations clearly states. At this point, Sprint has overcharged my family
$27.09 monthly lease rate * 5 phones once they reached 18 month contract conclusion x 6 months = $2,925.72
$60 unlimited basic phantom second plan added to my account fo3 3 months = $180
$27.09 monthly lease rate for "broken phone" we shipped to Sprint thatv was working but we never saw again * 18 months = $487.62

Total over charged from Sprint $3593.34

It sounds like you've been through a lot, and we don't like to hear about our customers going through this. I appreciate your thoroughness in your post. I would like to pull your account, review the leases, the fees that are remaining on the leases and what has been paid throughout your time with us. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Yes, we have been through a lot and nobody seems to care at Sprint.  I just cancelled my service and am going to switch to Verizon.  If you want to discuss with me, I'm happy to reconsider if you can make me and my family whole but nobody seems to care at Sprint.

I can assure you that I care. I would love to review this and get to the bottom of it for you. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I replied to your personal message.  I'm going to need an answer today as I cancelled my Sprint service and will be leaving to go to the Verizon store momentarily to make the switch,

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat