cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you have no internet now,. The T-Mobile Sprint merger is your best hope.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you have no internet now,. The T-Mobile Sprint merger is your best hope.

Yesterday I was tempted by AT&t to get $35 unlimited wifiband then the neuter my phone so that iPhone is just basically a mini tablet.  They said I had to call and get my account number from Sprint so they could transfer. 

Luckily I never seen my physical account number, because when I got it by the time I tried to call AT&t back to take advantage of the offer they were ignorant of it.  

today I called  them about yesterday a second time and they said they would rather earn customers honestly then lie about it stiffing us with the bill and give both Us and them a headache about fighting for the money.

So Sprint, being the best company for a single wireless user, I began to notice something.  none of the four wireless carriers have a plan that considered a decent competitor to DSL or cable,. (or in my case, be the Monopoly carrier by default 😉 )   then after about two hours of talking with people at 1 800 sprint 1, using my solution to save bandwidth and give people in my situation decent home internet, I stumbled upon the major reason of the T-Mobile Sprint merger.  

It started in the days of WiMAX whete Sprint was trying to wirelessly wire homes in near cable speeds.  In co-operation with 2 cable companies.

Winax never came where I was.

There was a DSL company who promised to triple my speed and cut $20 off the Sprint unlimited 3-g price at the time.  Sprint said if I wanted to speed up, I would have to give up my grandfathered in unlimited clause.   

At first Sprint they thought can offer both WiMAX and LTE.

I stumbled upon the main difference between the two. LTE is more efficient in terms of resources per megabit per second than wiMax when they're both moving on the freeway,. But wiMax is more efficient in resources per megabit per second than LTE stationary.  makes sense: wiMax was developed as a wireless wired cable replacement. And LTE did improve on the mobility of WiMAX,at the expense of stationary people.

you think it'd be easier to have a big pool of bandwidth and be able to dynamically choose between WiMAX and LT,E,. Basically when you're walking or slower , you're in wimax mode.  If you're traveling 10 miles an hour faster you're an LTE mode.

Apparently people using internet when ststionary actually drain resources.   It would have been enough if Sprint was allowed to legally discriminate in favor of people in Internet red zones,. I mean those whose fastest land speed is  not broadband by federal definition.  

Also not only does WiMAX and LTE not interchange well so that 10 stationary was Max customers equals one LTE customer and cannot be dynamically flowed back and forth but have to predict both numbers and be belowbmaximums, it's eorse… some suggest they can notn even exist on the same tower 

That's why Sprint and T-Mobile are merging.   Sprint's got hurt by everyone else picking LTE and having their WiMAX basically out of business,. T-Mobile wants to get in the stationary wireless internet business.  But these restrictions exist for all. I don't know where these restrictions are government natured or physics natured that's say that the two cannot Coexist on the same tower..

basically. Combined company are keeping both brands of T-Mobile and Sprint.  And I just stumbled on how they're going to differentiate them. Sprint is going to be there stationery wireless internet company, and T-Mobile is going to be their Mobile wireless internet  company, both because Sprint was originally targeting stationary and T-Mobile has the word Mobile in its name.

So they're actually be two different versions of 5G.  Sprint's version is based off WiMAX 4G and is better as a stationary internet.  And T-Mobile's isbased off LTE and id obviously optimized for being in motion.  

Verizon and AT&t already have mobile internet as LTE. They tried to cursh Sprint out of busuniness.    Sprint already has a history with stationary wireless internet. 

Mytmobile decide to buy Sprint,. It picked up WiMAX just a Sprite has picked up direct connect from Nextel.   They got all their bases covered.b Either Verizon and AT&t are going to have to try to make their own stationary 5G version, or concede the stationary wireless market to the T-Mobile Sprint combined company.

I've waited 18 years for some kind of Internet to play games well.  No matter what sale or innovation came from all the carriers until now, nothing benefited me.  Cable was supposed to be here last Christmas. the only lump of cowl that could come in my stocking this year is the state governments' not allowing the T-Mobile Sprint merger because, once that happens, I'll finally get internet that isn't Amish net.

it would have been a lot easier if Sprint was allowed to target internet red zones positively, as a stopgap measure.  I think the feds are in the pockets of the wired internet companies. Because, ironically, the cable company can Target red zones negatively by forcing to pay six-figure sums or else deny them internet.  a midea cell companies trying to preserve the Monopoly by lying to the federal government about the speeds are giving telling them we get more than telling us what will get.

now that the company has twice as many towers, one set will be for stationar, while the other will be for mobile because,c if it can't be on the same pole, put the services on two separate poles.  

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat