cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kickstart + International Connect?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Kickstart + International Connect?

Is this possible? I've been given two different answers from chat support. One confirmed that I could pay $15 + $15 = $30/mo for a Kickstart plan with International calling, the other says that there are no international calling options with Kickstart.

Anyone know the definitive answer?

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Kickstart + International Connect?

I've done some research and I found that with the Kick Start Plan you aren't able to add international calling. The plan is for customers adding a new line of service and it costs $15 when enrolled into autopay and $20 if not.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

OK thanks. Strange, I've never heard of a phone plan that didn't even have the _option_ to add _some kind_ of international calling, even at a significant per-minute cost.

Wizard

Are you trying make calls internationally from the U.S or are you wanting to use your phone in another country?

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

I want to make calls from the US to other countries (primarily the UK). I don't care about international roaming - I buy a SIM locally when I travel.

Wizard

Here is a link for the international rates for the United Kingdom.

https://support.sprint.com/support/international/calling/United%20Kingdom

Don't worry, be happy!
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Right. That's the link the first chat support person sent me when they indicated that I could add "International Connect" to Kickstart. No such option exists when checking out online. I _do_ see "Cuba 20 Plus" as an option, however, so there is at least _some_ international calling plan available as an add-on.

Are you saying that I can't add the International Connect plan, but by default if I call a landline in the UK I'll be charged $1.92/min

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Unfortunately that is correct according to everything I can find, you can't add International Connect. If you are seeing the option for the Cuba 20 Plus and you can try to add it, it will give you some discounts on the call charges. I want to caution you with this: since all of our info says that there are no options for an international add on, I don't want to see you use the service thinking it is covered and then get a large bill when it is not. I am also seeing that you will not be able to text an international number at all with this plan.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat