cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long standing customer extremely disappointed

Journeyman

Long standing customer extremely disappointed

I have been a Sprint customer since 2014. I have two daughters that I wanted to add to my plan with the unlimited plan promotions currently running for January. On Thursday evening (1/10) I went onto Sprint's homepage and found an offer for leasing an Iphone 7. This was at approximately 11pm. I wanted to have the opportunity to speak with a representative so that I could ask questions. I waited until my lunch break the next afternoon (1/11), and contacted Sprint. I was told that the promotion had ended at midnight the night prior and that Sprint would not honor the pricing I was calling about. Nowhere on the site did it indicate that the pricing would end an hour from when I was viewing it. After being on the phone for my entire lunch hour, I last spoke with a representative that promised to work on the issue and call me back at 5pm. This was Friday 1/11. Today I called again on my lunch break after not receiving a call back and spoke with two Sprint representatives. The last representative that I spoke with was in resolutions. Ultimately he did not resolve my issue, did not honor the pricing. He thanked me for being a Sprint customer for five years and wished me good luck in finding better rate options with other carriers. I am a person that values specific things in my cellular company. These include quality, value and excellent customer service/relationships. Transparency is non negotiable. I am fairly certain that I will have to look elsewhere to find these qualities. Sprint will not only lose my account but my daughter's as well. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: Long standing customer extremely disappointed

You should cut your losses immediately and find another carrier to go with.

I have been with Sprint since 2003 -- yes, 2003.  I have done this dance for 16 years and currently I am trying to switch from the grandfathered plan that Sprint wants me to get rid of (i get the "we have great new plans" song and dance all the time) -- on to the Unlimited Plan.  

Now I get that they want the best deals to entice new subscribers but usually they are favorable towards old timers (especially if you have over 10 years with the company).

Imagine my surprise when not only was I told that they couldn't do the deal - and that it would be the same price for the Unlimited Plus as switching to AT&T (why am i with sprint?) Unlimited...  but that "they could save me money, there is another plan I could get that would be cheaper and offer similar options -- the basic Unlimited plan".  

I swear to you - customer service is dead - retention is dead and it's not long before this company is dead as well.  Sprint and T-Mobile are unable to compete with AT&T and Verizon individually so they are trying to merge to stay relevant and in the meanwhile ignoring their longstanding customers in a bid to achieve the most people on their service.  The paradox to this is that loyal customers will jump ship and go to the competitors when they are treated like dirt (as I have been) and told at every turn that "there is nothing that can be done and that is just the way it is".

Journeyman

Re: Long standing customer extremely disappointed

I agree. I’ve been with them since 09.  They refuse to offer the 10 off phone lease a month I was promised when I ordered my phones even though 2 of the now 10 people I’ve sooken with said it was in the notes. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat