cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Everything Data 1500 to New Unlimited Plus Plan Rocket Science

Journeyman

Old Everything Data 1500 to New Unlimited Plus Plan Rocket Science

Started with chat, was convinced to switch.  Called to switch and then got a completely different story (not even on the same planet).  As usual, I'm confused.  How would I go about getting the correct answer to what my total bill would be on my current plan vs the new plan?  Simple math says I'm going from a $180 plan to a $150 plan...But like everything cell phone plan related, not so simple.  If I could email a template and then have somebody knowledgeable fill in the blanks, that would be the easiest path.  But looks like my options are to chat, call or write something up on a forum...

1. I currently have 3 lines.

2. I currently get an employer discount of 17% on the first line (17% of $110 or $18.70).

3. I currently have 2 active leases.  1 of the leases I get a $10 credit per month for the 18 months.

Questions:

1. Will I still get the 17% discount on the first line?  Or would I get any form of employer discount that I get today?  Chat said yes, no problem.  Phone call said $5 on the first line.  Sometimes $5 on the 2nd line too.  Doesn't know why sometime 1 gets $10 and the other gets $5.  Have to roll the dice and see where you land.  Sometimes you start out with $10 and then it switches to $5.  No criteria..and frankly didn't act like she had a clue.

2. Will I still get the $10 credit per month for the 18 months for the lease?  Chat says yes, no problem.  Phone call said no.  The only reason I'm getting a $10 credit is because I'm overpaying on my current plan.  I was lead to believe that was due to being a "loyal customer".

3. Would I expect the Sprint Surcharge or Government/Taxes portion to change versus plans?  I currently pay about $20.

Current Plan

Line 1 $110

Discount ($18.70)

Premium Data $10

Line 2 $19.99

Premium Data $10

Line 3 $19.99

Premium Data $10

Lease for Line 2 $33

Lease Credit ($10)

Lease for Line 3 $18.75

Sprint Surcharge $11.50

Taxes/Fees $8.87

Can anybody give me the correct story for what the new plan would be?  Chat said $190.  Phone said $240.

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Old Everything Data 1500 to New Unlimited Plus Plan Rocket Science

I'm happy to help. We don't have direct email for you to send it to, but I'm going to do my best to answer the questions in the order you've presented them. 

First, know that there is Unlimited Basic, Plus, or Premium. What is your hotspot usage per line? Do you have a preference on streaming quality?

1. With the Unlimited plans, the typical employer discount is $5 off of line 1. Now depending on what your profession is, there may be some other options to take more off of the other lines, like military, healthcare, or teacher. 

2.  It's hard to answer about the $10 credit, without looking at your account. There are some loyalty credits that are tied to the shared plan. If it is, then you'll lose it for the remaining months of the lease. If it's not, then you;ll keep it. I apologize, that one is vague for now. 

3. The taxes could lower if the bill in total lowers. The surcharges should be the same. 

Plan without AutoPay:

Basic: Line 1 - $65, Line 2 - $45, Line 3 $25 - Line 1 gets $5 discount for employer

Plus: Line 1 - $75, Line 2 - $55, Line 3 $35 - Line 1 gets $5 discount for employer

Premium: Line 1 - $85, Line 2 - $65, Line 3 - $45 - Line 1 gets $5 discount for employer

Basic gets Hulu, Plus adds TIDAL, Premium adds Amazon Prime and Lookout Premium. The hotspot usage also increases with each buy up. 

Let me know if this helps, or what questions come up from this.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thanks for the reply.  I was looking at the unlimited plus plan.  Trying to figure out if it makes sense to switch it up.

I don't currently use any hot spot data.  My preference for streaming quality would be to be no worse than what I am now.

The $10 credit was when I signed up for the new lease.  It was called a loyalty credit.  It was for 18 months of the lease.

Would this be correct for the new plan?

Line 1 - Unlimited Plus: $75

Line 1 - Employer Discount: ($5)

Line 2 - Unlimited Plus: $55

Line 3 - Unlimited Plus: $35

$5 Auto Pay Plan Discount: ($15)

Lease charges would still apply except I would lose the ($10) credit per month.

Sprint Surcharges would be the same.  Taxes would be the same (maybe less).

Thanks again!

You've read all of it correctly. The biggest thing I also want to ensure you know, is that you don't have to have Plus on all 3 lines, unless they want the services it provides. Basic provides DVD quality streaming, 500MB of hotspot, and Hulu. With Plus, you get HD quality streaming, TIDAL, and the hotspot usage goes up to 50GB. Ultimately, if the other lines aren't looking for TIDAL or the extra hotspot, you can put them on Baisc and save an additional $10 per line. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Thanks.  That was very helpful.

You're welcome. I can also process the plan change for you, when you're ready. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Be careful. I was promised a lot of things to drop the same plan. Now, either I “misunderstood” or the first guy “ was wrong.” 

Journeyman

I have EXACT issue for my Everything Data 1500 plan with 5 lines.  Customer loyalty credits on 3 lines but one suddenly disappeared and was told I'm overpaying each month.  WHAT??? I am on autopay so I dont get that.  Since I can't get a straight consistent answer I'm not chancing a plan switch.  I think they are just trying to push us old timers off the better data plans.  If you notice the speed variance for certain data types like music or streaming TV. Etc.  I dont see such speed specifications on our old plan unless we use a huge amount of roaming data.  So I'm NOT switching because I don't believe we will actually save money without some trade off with service or existing credits . I dont care how much they try to say otherwise.  

Hi Angie. I'd be glad to take a look at your account and help answer any questions you have. Feel free to drop me a PM and we can get some additional detail to help check in on things. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

So here is what I found out.

1. If you have an employer discount, it does not matter what it is now, it will go to a $5.  Evidently it can be more if you are an educator or for other reasons, but I'd plan on $5.  I was getting nearly $19 total.  It's not $5 total now.

2.  If you have a "loyalty" lease credit, you will lose that credit on all phones.

3.  I have 3 lines and 1 of them has the premium data.  You do not have to put premium data on all lines.  My bill is approx $25 less per month, but I do now have 50 gb of hot spot (which I did not have before) as well as Tidal streaming music.  This also includes the $15 credit I get for online auto pay billing (who knows how long that will last).  I use the data hot spot so my kids can stream with their tablets.  I also like the Tidal music streaming.  The total bill would have been closer to $35 less per month if I would have done basic data for all phones.

4.  I personally have not seen any difference in data service.

Journeyman

Was most of the $25 saved by eliminating $20/$10 each of premium data on 2 lines?  after taxes and fees, is your actual bill $25 lower?  I'm also on the 1500 shared with an emloyer discount & 3 lines but no lease, paying way too much; no loyalty $ discount, just old loyalty minutes which are antiquated & meaninglless in this day of unlimited minutes.  I had the same issues as you with trying to get the info I need whether in chat or online, which doesn't offer the great $100 Unlimited Plus that new customers get.  T

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat