cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying off installment plan

Go to solution
Journeyman

Paying off installment plan

I am considering upgrading by using the installment plan. After two years of monthly payments, I would own the phone.

The FAQ says you can make more than the monthly payment but gives no more detail than that.

Can I make more than the monthly payment and have it go specifically toward the remaining balance on the cost of the phone? I have seen posts in these forums in which people have apparently attempted to do this only to have their payment get credited to their overall account, and applied to the next month's service, not specifically toward the cost of the phone itself.

Is there a payment channel of any kind in which what is paid goes ONLY toward the remaining cost of the phone, and NOT toward monthly phone service?

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Paying off installment plan

Good Morning mikewrite!

Thank you for reaching out with your concern. To answer your questions, yes you can make payments towards the IB only. You can do this through *3 from your Sprint phone. It will give you the option as well as the balance. Let us know if you need additional info or assistance.

Irene

Sprint Social Care

Irene
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks. I'll do that when I'm ready to pay some more towards just the cost of the phone.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning mikewrite.

Thanks for reaching out. You can chose to make additional payments towards your device by dialing *3 option two. Listen to the prompts for instructions to make a payment directly to the device. We can also assist you here. Just send us a message Private Message by clicking on my name then select “send a message" We are happy to help.

If you have additional questions, please visit http://sprint.co/2cYm1wE

Juan

Sprint Social Care

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I want to confirm some specifics. If I jump on the installment pricing, and the price happens to be , as an example, $20/mo for 24mo = $480. Does anything prevent me, for example, at the 6 month mark, from paying the remaining 18/mo at once = $360. Is it simply a matter of paying 18 x $20 (the remaining balance based on the prorated installment balance)? Thank you. I attempted to speak to someone at customer service about this, but they were not giving me specifics.

Sprint Social Care

Hello jdub1983.

If you have your device in Installment billing, then yes, you can payoff your device any time.

Customers requesting early Lease termination have 3 options:

1. Pay off Lease and own the device

Customer must pay Purchase Price Option (PPO) and remaining Lease monthly charges.

2. Pay off Lease to become eligible for upgrade

Remaining Lease monthly charges must be paid to become eligible for upgrade.

3. Terminate lease and return phone.

Remaining Lease monthly charges are due and must be paid.

• Returning device via Return Kit:
    • Customers will have 30 days from the date of transaction before the accelerated PPO will appear on the customer's account and become due..
    • PPO will be adjusted upon receipt of device in good condition.

Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you.
Journeyman

Hi. I could not find the option for making a payment towards the phone payoff. Can you post step by step instructions? Thanks

Sprint Social Care

Hi tlrmnrs!

You can proceed directly through the IVR by dialing *3, it is the payment menu, you will able to receive the option to make payments towards the installment billing.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

There is no option to do that. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello tlrmnrs, you can chose to make additional payments towards your device by dialing *3 option two. Listen to the prompts for instructions to make a payment directly to the device. We can also assist you here. Feel free to send us a message Private Message.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This does not work for me.   Pay by phone option 2 does not give the option to pay towards phone.

Is there an online option to payoff the installments?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat