cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing/Adding lines on a family plan

Go to solution
Journeyman

Removing/Adding lines on a family plan

Hello. Two part question here; I'd like to remove 2 lines out of 5 on my family plan (ev. data plus 1600) for the forseeable future.

When I have a need to add them back in will they be subject to a new line 2 year lock?  More importantly, will they be subject to any new data restrictions for example, 480p streaming, etc. - or is that only something based off of the actual plan? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Removing/Adding lines on a family plan

The level of streaming, whether it is high definition or standard, is typically based on the plan. The ability to use HD is based on the device.

Since we have made major changes to our plan structure, new lines wouldn't be eligible to go on the Everything Data Share plan. To add lines later, they will be subject to the plans that are available at that time. Specifically at this time, Unlimited Plus or Basic and 40GB Better Choice.

Can you give me some specific info on why you want to cancel and reactivate at a later date? I'll see what I can find that might help.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

Also, the 2 year agreement would only come up, if there was a subsidized phone charge on a discounted phone.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

So if there is a a grandfathered plan that allowed up to 5 lines and 2 are removed to save money on the monthly charges, there is no way to add them back in later? The specific info is we don't need the extra 2 number at the moment because the people that were using them are no longer living.
Journeyman

Okay.

@RedCruzr_Sprint wrote:

The level of streaming, whether it is high definition or standard, is typically based on the plan. The ability to use HD is based on the device.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You are correct, if we remove them, they wouldn't go back onto that plan when lines are added in the future. We used to have that capability, but with the changes in the plans to ensure everyone will be able to enjoy 5G, we no longer have the option.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat