cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERO Premium 500- Phone Upgrade

Go to solution
Journeyman

SERO Premium 500- Phone Upgrade

Hello, I am looking at upgrading my Galaxy S7 to a Galaxy S9. I am not presented with the option to do a 2-year upgrade SERO Premium 500 plan - a plan old enough to have the device subsidy built in.  I have been on the plan for more than 10 years andI do not want to lease. I keep my phones for longer than the lease would allow.  What options are available?

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: SERO Premium 500- Phone Upgrade

Device purchase has always been separate from your plan. The two year agreement placed on you account when you upgraded was there merely to ensure that the cost of the device was paid off in case of cancellation. 

For various reasons, including the increased cost of devices, we no longer offer two year subsidy as a purchase option. I can understand that you do not wish to lease but at this time, our upgrade options are lease or purchase the phone at full MSRP.  Some manufacturers offer installment plans for purchase, so that may be another option for you to consider.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Thanks, Are you saying that I can purchase an unlocked phone and have it activated on my SERO 500 plan?

Community Manager

No, that isn't what I am saying.  I was listing out the upgrade options: upgrade options are lease or MSRP or you can purchase another device from somewhere else and activate it.  Plan availability isn't tied to device upgrades.

The SERO plans are expired.  If you swap your device, we can't put SERO500 back on that line; I did not mean to imply otherwise. That being said, I can certainly get an agent to help you find the best value.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can purchase an unlocked phone and get a free SIM from Sprint and they will activate the new phone on your SERO 500 Plan.  I've done this with my last 3 phones.  I just buy the unlocked phone from Samsung directly (since sprint isn't willing to offer a discount to a 20 year customer).  Get a sim card from the store (for free) and then call customer service and they can't activate the new phone for you (also for free).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat