cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SERO Unlimted Plan still worth it?

Journeyman

SERO Unlimted Plan still worth it?

Hello,

Does anyone still have the SERO plans? I am still on the SERO unlimited plan, $60 a month, and I was wondering if it is still worth being on or not? I have read some accounts got converted into SWAC, but I have not seen any changes on my bill as it still shows SERO unlimted and don't know if I can be converted into SWAC. The no data throttle (don't know if this is still true or not) is a huge plus and makes me want to keep it just for that reason but I don't get the extra features such as mobile hotspot, tidal, etc. Other carriers have better data speeds and plans that are around the same price point, ex: I can get att unlimited premium for $70 a month. Any input/thoughts would be helpful!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: SERO Unlimted Plan still worth it?

Somewhere a page exist to submit to have your account converted but I can't find it now lol. It doesn't require anything special or an employee to even submit.

**Update, found it:

https://sprint.custhelp.com/app/EWD/SEROtoSWAC

The price on premium is wrong and not updated, it's $40 a month (with autopay) not 50.

That said you can call employee services (customer service should auto route you) and see if they will process it if you rather not wait. They can make it effective at cycle date or right away.

That said the throttling is after 50GB and you being on an old plan doesn't actually protect you from it because you're not under contract that means the terms are free to change month by month at will and you paying agrees to them. Odds are you're not using 50GB though...

The new SWACS are 30 for plus and 40 for premium. I'd try to get on the 40 premium since it includes Amazon Prime etc.. Don't get off Sero onto another plan though or you'll need sponsorship to get SWAC again...

Just hit up CS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@BryanX wrote:

Somewhere a page exist to submit to have your account converted but I can't find it now lol. It doesn't require anything special or an employee to even submit.

**Update, found it:

https://sprint.custhelp.com/app/EWD/SEROtoSWAC

The price on premium is wrong and not updated, it's $40 a month (with autopay) not 50.

That said you can call employee services (customer service should auto route you) and see if they will process it if you rather not wait. They can make it effective at cycle date or right away.

That said the throttling is after 50GB and you being on an old plan doesn't actually protect you from it because you're not under contract that means the terms are free to change month by month at will and you paying agrees to them. Odds are you're not using 50GB though...

The new SWACS are 30 for plus and 40 for premium. I'd try to get on the 40 premium since it includes Amazon Prime etc.. Don't get off Sero onto another plan though or you'll need sponsorship to get SWAC again...

Just hit up CS.

Hey @BryanX thanks again for your info! This is very helpful! The no data throttle makes me want to get off the plan now and SWAC premium is a good deal with the extra features. The main reason I stayed with the plan for so long was for the no data throttling, but seems like that is not the case anymore. I am mostly worried about data coverage and speed now. Sprint is below average when it comes to that when it compares to the other carriers. 

Thanks!

Journeyman

@kcsoccer wrote:

Hey @BryanX thanks again for your info! This is very helpful! The no data throttle makes me want to get off the plan now and SWAC premium is a good deal with the extra features. The main reason I stayed with the plan for so long was for the no data throttling, but seems like that is not the case anymore. I am mostly worried about data coverage and speed now. Sprint is below average when it comes to that when it compares to the other carriers. 

Thanks!

I agree on the coverage and speed, at least for the big cities I've lived in and visited so far... I've only stayed with Sprint for the last 20 something years (was with Nextel originally even) because the price points I've gotten on are cheap but further cheaper to help me feel less bad about the coverage lol

The new SWAC Premium blows SERO away IMO, cheaper and more goodies! Hopefully can remain on it unforced off for many years. Imagine if this was a general available plan. I think Sprint wouldn't be able to handle all the subscribers switching to them for the great savings and extra features lol. Instead I'm in hope after the merger we don't get forced off/converted to something worse.

I say jump on it while you can. Most folks are begging to and just unsure how or don't even know SWAC exist for SERO users...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat