cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited BYOD 1-year and mobile hotspot

Journeyman

Unlimited BYOD 1-year and mobile hotspot

I recently brought four lines to Sprint from AT&T on the 1 year unlimited BYOD offer (https://www.sprint.com/1yearfree).   I tried to set up mobile hotspot today and it was disabled; went to sprint.com to try purchasing the option and was unable to do so; got on chat and was told I could not use mobile hotspot with this offer even if I was willing to pay the full price for the option (which I am).   There is nothing in the T&Cs I can see on the website that says you cannot add this option.   Please clarify, because if I can't use mobile hotspot I am taking my business back to another provider.

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Unlimited BYOD 1-year and mobile hotspot

Hey SnidleyWh1plash. With the BYOD 1 year free plan, unfortunately, mobile hotspot isn't a feature that's included (or can be added on) with that plan. I'd hate to see you leave over this.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

Show me where it says this anywhere on your site.   Or fix it, your choice.

Wizard

It's not under the plan information, as it isn't included on the plan. If it's not included in the plan, we won't be able to add it on the site.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Highlighted
Journeyman

You have discovered what the rest of us already know...Sprint is not forthcoming about anything, and plays on words, manipulates, etc.

Been with Sprint for almost 20 years....have a grandfathered family plan with one user on the plan on a subsidized phone that has less than three months....then we're out of here....Sprint has no business being in business these days.   So sad.

Journeyman

So here's the thing:  You are charging me despite this supposedly being a 1-year free promotion.  I have been on the phone with you people for hours and you keep assuring me this will get fixed but I still am staring at a bill for over $150 for this supposedly free service.  Do I need to get the Better Business Bureau involved or are you ever going to take care of this?

Wizard

Good morning. I'm going to escalate this issue. I'm sending you a private message now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat