cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

domestic violence victim

Journeyman ren
Journeyman

domestic violence victim

I have a family plan for 2lines. they are mine and my husband's.

he abused me and Ihave anvprotection order against him.

I want to cancell his line but sprint wants to cahrge me cancellation fee and his phone fee which is ove $700.

he can track my call and location while sprint doesnt help me.

what can Ido? I need safety.

9 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: domestic violence victim

Ren, I am so sorry to read about what you're going through.  From your description, it sounds as if your husband's device is leased, meaning that it technically belongs to Sprint.  Typically, in order to waive those charges, we'd ask you to send his phone back but I understand that may not be possible in this case. 

Your safety absolutely does matter and one thing you can try to help remove that tracking software would be a Factory Reset of your phone.  You'd obviously want to back up all your info first, but you might give that a shot.

I can't make any promises but I'd like someone to look into the cancellation fees for you, understanding that you probably won't be able to get the phone back from him. I'm going to have an agent get some information from you to get that started.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman ren
Journeyman

thank you for replying.

yes,  its impossible to get his phone and return it to sprint. Having protection order, we cannot contact each other.

yes, his phone is leased. Ihope sprint will have more clear cancellation policy for domestic violence victims especially when we have protection order from the court.

Ihope they will waive the cancellation fee.

obviously Idont use his  phone and still keep paying and risking my safety.

Hope hear from you about further solution.

Best, 

Ren

Sprint Social Care

Hey @ren,

Please check your inbox, just sent you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

To Joel from yet domestic violence victim

Hi Joel,

I neef to talk with you about the exact same thing Sprint Custimer Ren has gone thru.

I am currently in the same situation.

Please help me.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: To Joel from yet domestic violence victim

I am going to PM you. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: To Joel from yet domestic violence victim

@AnnaLux, we're happy to help. I'm going to send you a private message to get your account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

@ren can you contact me? 

Journeyman

@Joel please contact me
GrandMaster

Joel is no longer available. click on one of the two agents names above there that most recently posted..once in their profile top right ish of the page is the option to send them a private message (pm).

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat