cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You can now block incoming calls online!

Wizard

You can now block incoming calls online!

Customers can now block incoming calls by logging into their account:  My Sprint > My account > My preferences > Block voice.  Below are the options that you'll see:

• Block all inbound calls
  • Block all inbound and outbound calls
  • Do not block any voice calls (all of your previously blocked voice calls will be archived for easy access later)
  • Block all out-bound voice calls
  • Block only the following phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls

You can block inbound and outbound calls for up to 50 phones numbers. Enter each 10 digit phone number below or quickly add numbers you've previously blocked by accessing your archive list (archive list numbers will be saved for 90 days).

For more detailed instructions, visit http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Block__restrict_or_allow_voice_calls_using_My_Sprint/case-fk158645-20101105-114511.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Message was edited by: ClaudiPo

49 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: You can now block incoming calls online!

thanks chad, i've been hoping for this feature for awhile.  i do have a question though, is it necessary to format the numbers in a specific way?  i added a number to my "block voice" list yesterday afternoon using JUST 10 digits, and this morning they were able to call me again.  do i have to format the number as sprint does? (123) 456-7890.  thanks for the help.

Wizard

It doesn't matter in what format you enter them.  As long as there are 10 digits, the system will reformat them to 9876543210 after you save them.  Have you checked if the numbers are still listed and whether the radio button for "Block only the following phone numbers for inbound and outbound calls" is still checked?

I'd hope not, but there's always a chance for a bug.  :-(  Is anyone else having the same problem?

Journeyman

okay, i confirmed the number was saved correctly to the list and that the radio button for block inbound and outbound calls is ticked.  anything i can do to assist?

oops, sorry, thanks CLAUD...i really need to learn not to type without wearing my glasses

Wizard

So issue resolved, typo in the number or is it still a problem?

Journeyman

no typo, i'm confirming that the number was correctly inputted and the radio button was set to block incoming/outgoing calls from that number so far they haven't called back so i can't confirm if it's working correctly, will update if they're able to get through.

Journeyman

hmm. nope, the number and another blocked one were both able to call me again this morning.  i confirmed that the numbers were correctly listed and that the settings were correct   any advice?

Journeyman

THANK YOU SPRINT!! I have been calling sprint customer service for this feature for years!!! You honestly don’t know how excited I am!! I have had someone making harassing phone calls for a couple of years but I couldn’t change my number because of all my international important contacts... Once again THANK U!! And it does work because I tried blocking my home number and when I called my cell with the phone it stated that I was not receiving phone calls at this time! YEAAAAAAAAA Sprint!!!

Journeyman

I want to be able to block incoming calls that are unknown.  I keep getting calls that say unknown and there is no one there when I answer.

Journeyman

Wow. This would have been very helpful 5 months ago when I was getting annoying phone calls (and still do) on a daily basis from a psycho freak who couldn't take no for an answer.

I called Sprint's customer service and they told me that all that could be done was blocking his text messages..which were coming in at a rate of about 10 a day...every day...for 3 months. My phone can be set to send his number directly to voicemail but even seeing that his calls logged in my call log was disturbing.

So. I'll give Sprint's customer service the benefit of the doubt and think that this is indeed a new development since I called back in September 2010. I have wasted no time putting in that creep's number.

Thanks for the post.