cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not hear caller using Voice over wifi but they hear me just fine

Journeyman

Can not hear caller using Voice over wifi but they hear me just fine

A couple of weeks ago, at our house, when we received a call on either of our Samsung phones, we could hear the caller for about a second, then we could not hear rhem but they could hear us clear as a bell.  1 thing that changed around this time was my router.  We went from an Arris cable/modem to a Netgear N450 cable/modem.  both are Docsis 3.0.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Can not hear caller using Voice over wifi but they hear me just fine

Hi Marion4010!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Is this still an ongoing issue? Just to confirm, you're using Wi-Fi calling correct? Either way, changing your router shouldn't be affecting your service this way.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Yes, we are using WiFi calling when this happens. My phone is a Gallaxy S5 and my Wife's is a Note 4. It doesn't matter weather we initiate the call or receive a call, for the first second or 2 we can usually hear the other person, but then it goes quiet.  They can hear everything we say.  Most of the time we call the person back on our VOIP house phone or I turn off my WiFi and make a call with my 2 bar signal.

Journeyman

Michael,

We just made a call from our house phone to my phone. We were able to carry on a conversation for about 5 seconds.  Then I could not hear my wife talking to me, but she could hear me.

GrandMaster

when was the last time you reset your router?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Fireguy,

Never, just installed it 2 weeks ago, January 23, right after returning from a 1 week vacation.

GrandMaster

if you run a speed test with your phone everything is showing fine? if you have never done this before you can download a number of speed testing apps from the play store..main one most people use is called speedtest.net. i use that one myself. might show funky download, upload and ping tests. if anything unplug the power from it for a few minutes then plug it back in..will take about 5+ minutes to fully boot back up. then test again to see if that cleared it up or not.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually now that im thinking about it im wondering if anything needs to be changed internally with the settings since its a new router? while replying in here i cant go back and view what your original post says but did the issues start up not long after installing the new router?
Journeyman

Ping - 12ms, Download - 67.9Mbs, Upload - 21.11Mbs. 

I've gone throught the settings, but nothing in there appeared to be related to my problem.

Yes, it appeared to start after replacing my Arris SB6183 DOCSIS 3.0 cable/modem router(supplied by Grande Communications) with the NetGear N450 DOCSIS 3.0 cable/modem router.  But, we were also gone for the week prior to that and I therefore hadn't used my phone on the old C/M R.

GrandMaster

contact your net provider and see if maybe there is a firewall in place that is doing this. could be something on their side that needs set up or opened.
Journeyman

In the midst of trying to figure out why I have a problem with my Voice over WiFi, I got a software update on my S5 this morning.  When it completed I had a friend of mine call me.  And, you guessed it, now my phone works again.  I'm waiting to see if my wife's Note 4 gets an update now.

GrandMaster

the most recent update to the S5 was a Google security patch. it didnt mention any other changes other than the security patch but it wouldnt be the first time a manufacturer pushed through some fixes without documenting it.
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.