cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest Unlimited Direct Connect Plan

Highlighted

Cheapest Unlimited Direct Connect Plan

All i want is unlimited direct connect. NOTHING ELSE. do i have to shell out $99/m for the simply everything plan or is there another option that would be cheaper?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Cheapest Unlimited Direct Connect Plan

jcswim312 wrote:

All i want is unlimited direct connect. NOTHING ELSE. do i have to shell out $99/m for the simply everything plan or is there another option that would be cheaper?

Oh God, most assuredly NOT!  There really is no reason ANY iDEN user should ever have to pay more than $70/month, let alone that totally bogus $99.99/month.

Here's what I suggest:

1. If you need unlimited nationwide PTT, then simply get any iDEN phone (except for the Motorola i1) and mate it with the Sprint Basic plan ($29.99/month) and add to it nationwide PTT ($5/month): total $34.99/month.  If you want international PTT, then that will force you to add on another $10/month for a total of $44.99/month.

2. You could get a Boost Mobile phone, pay $50/month and use the phone any which way you want, and it includes unlimited nationwide PTT.  For $60/month, you get unlimited international PTT and unlimited international messaging too.

Those are probably your best options, and by far the cheapest, especially if the only thing you're looking to do is have an iDEN phone for PTT only.  If you want to get a family plan, then you're looking instead at the following:

1. Sprint Family Talk 700 plan for $69.99, plus $5/month for each of the 2 phones for a total of $79.99/month.   If you add another iDEN phone, that will cost you an additional $14.99 (i.e., $9.99 per additional phone plus the $5/month PTT charge) per phone per month...so your total for 3 iDEN phones would be $94.98/month.

Hope that helps.

Master

Re: Cheapest Unlimited Direct Connect Plan

Business accounts setup under a federal Tax ID can get a Direct Connect only plan for $24.99/mo. It includes unlimited direct connect and group connect, nothing else. The plan is only available for business accounts however, consumer accounts setup with a social security number cannot use that plan.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.