cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextel Service is terrible

Journeyman

Nextel Service is terrible

Phone broke on Sunday, Called they said to go to store for a new phone, Went to 2 stores & Was asked why they sent u hear, Called them Tuesday said they would send a phone in 2-3 days, Friday no Phone , Went to Verizon for new service, Have 2 months left on policy was going to pay to the end. Getting the run around for 7 hours on the phone with them for 2 days now. Hung up on 5 times, Talked to about 10 different ignorant people. 10 different storys, No cancellation fee , Yes there is, no there isn't , No one knows anything, Will not send me a new phone , Why should I pay for the last 2 months when I can't even get a phone that I have insurance on!!! This place is just a joke to deal with, I think it's time to go to the Attorney General or Better Business Bureau.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Nextel Service is terrible

Who do u need to talk to, To get any answers or Help, Because nobody on the phone can!!! No one on the phone wants to help or seems to care, That's why I posted it here, Even though that don't want this type of material posted here, If I can't get any help or satisfaction on the phone with them , Where do i go for it!!! Their ignorance & Terrible service has driven me away from the after being a customer since 2004!!!

Message was edited by: Bill1d

Journeyman

What exactly is the issue with your phone?

Were you sent to a Sprint Repair Store, and mistakenly went to a "Sprint Store" or an authorized Sprint store?

Does your insurance cover damages or just equipment manufacture malfunctions? TEP?

If you left Sprint, why are you complaining now?

Ahh...welcome to the stupidity known as Sprint.

I am sorry that your Nextel phone has failed.  The fact that you have insurance for your phone should entitle you to have it replaced, minus any deductible that you otherwise would owe.  Now, with that said, why is this company giving you the run around?  Honestly, I don't know.  But I have some guesses.

What should happen is that you should be able to find a SprintNextel Repair Center somewhere in your State.  Now, given how many stores Sprint has opted to close over the last several years (almost all of them being former Nextel stores), it may be much harder to find a store that's close enough to deal with.  What Sprint should do is instead ship you a replacement phone (be it an identical one or at least a comparable one), and supply a bag and mailing label for you to ship back your broken phone.  Or, Sprint should simply have you ship your phone to them, and they'll repair it and ship it back to you. 

However, none of those have happened.  That's a failure on the part of customer service (CS) in general.  This isn't only on the phone, but also in the stores.  The store(s) you went to should have done what I suggested above for you as well.  They didn't.  Another failure. 

So, you instead decide that you're sick and tired of this run-around, and ask to cancel your account.  Now, Sprint CS should at least try to see what it would take to keep your business.  It sounds like they tried that, but after you refusing to stay, they simply won't shut off your service.  I don't see why that is. 

My suggestion is simple:  Call up Sprint CS and ask (or demand) to speak to their Customer Retentions department.  Do NOT let your CSR tell you that they can handle the problem...demand Customer Retentions.  Once you get Retentions, explain to that person the problem and see if they can help in any way.  If they do not offer you a satisfactory solution (hey...they don't need to offer you the pie in the sky...just something  that makes sense), then ask them to cancel your account and send you any bill for early termination.  Then call up whichever company you wish to switch over to (e.g., Verizon).  Get a phone from them, and ask them to port your Nextel number over.  Should take a few days at most.  You should then receive a Sprint bill in the mail for the last month of your service (they most likely won't pro-rate it either...and charge you the full amount). 

It's a shame that Sprint simply has such disdain for its customer base.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I remember the days when repair centers were everywhere, actually with Nextel.  Sprint Reps are clueless and behave in less-than-ethical ways.  You know what a good response is: I don't know the answer, but I can direct you to someone who does." Instead you get 7 different answers that all appear wrong. 

I am sorry your unit doesn't work.  I would follow the above instructions but include asking for the reps ID number or name.  Unlike other providers who provide it upon taking the call, Sprint does not.

But don't you think this is all too much just to get a working phone?

I remember these days:

Nextel.Done I

Journeyman

Wow, that is really sad.

I ve been with "Nextel" since 2001 and the customer service had gone from great to terrible, but in all honesty the last few times I ve called over the last year or so it has been great!   They have helped me(phone replacement under service plan shipped next day) and have actually suggested a plan that saves me money.

I guess it depends who answers the phone(by yhe way all these reps were in USA)

me262 wrote:

I guess it depends who answers the phone(by yhe way all these reps were in USA)

And I think what you said above is the KEY to everything.  Bob Johnson, the former head of customer service at Nextel, has had his hands full over the past year trying to fix the infinite number of wrongs with Sprint's own customer service.  Why Sprint chose their own form of CS instead of letting Nextel's CS take over from the start I'll never know.  At least since Bob has taken over the CS helm, I can admit that things are slowly but surely getting better.  Are they the stellar CS that I was used to from Nextel? Sadly, no.  But that doesn't mean that things aren't getting better.  They are better.  Just that there is a LONG road ahead for Mr. Johnson in order to get the CS to the beginning levels that Nextel was able to attain and maintain for years.

I do not envy your work, Mr. Johnson, but I do appreciate your accomplishments.  Now if only we could somehow get Dan Hesse to step down and allow former Nextel CEO Tim Donahue to take over, then we might actually GAIN net subscribers again, let alone increase revenues, and God-forbid actually report earnings!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.