cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail force close

Journeyman

Voicemail force close

I have a HTC EVO 4G and for the last 10 days I've had a voicemail issue. When I go to listen to my voicemail everything is fine, but when I go to delete it the app crashes and the force close message comes up. This will sometimes happen more than once when I try to listen to the message. Then even if the message deleted the voicemail notification icon stays at the top for a long time.

I'm not sure if the voicemail is the culprit, but I also noticed that my phone wasn't ringing or making any audible notification other than my alarm the other day. It turns out, something wiped my ringtone and notification tone - nothing was selected at all. I had to go in and re-select and that now seems to be working fine.

I just did the most recent profile update this morning, so I'm not sure if that will help my issue at all or not.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Voicemail force close

It could be due to the Voicemail app trying to notify you there is an upgrade available for it and something is erroring out causing it to forceclose. Open your Voicemail app>Menu>Settings>Check For Upgrade.

Journeyman

Re: Voicemail force close

Thanks, I did that and there says there's a mandatory update available. I don't recall getting an alert about it before, but I hope that does the trick.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.