cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVO 3D VOICEMAIL PROBLEMS

Highlighted
Patron

Well I have the 69.99 plan from Sprint and the new EVO 3D. My plan says that voicemail is included but instead of it showing a notification, I get a text message telling me to call a different number in order to check it. Does this mean I don't have visual voicemail or am I doing somethig wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

This most commonly happens when the visual voicemail can't be downloaded for some reason, usually when data isn't available. Visual Voicemail does require an active data connection to download messages. If you are using any battery-optimizing apps they commonly shut off the data connection to save power. If you do have a data connection I would try re-registering with the visual voicemail server.

To re-register with the visual voicemail server:

1. Open Visual Voicemail App

2. Press Menu > Compose

3. Send the message to activate@vvm.sprint.com and record a short 2-3 second blank message

4. It can take a bit for it to work, but it usually is finished within 15 minutes. Your messages will begin to download when it is done, assuming that was the issue.

Journeyman

VVM not working? Are you using Handcent? If you are take a look and make sure it is not set as the Default. Mine was checked as the default... I unchecked it and restarted my phone and got all my old VMs.

I was on and off the phone with sprint all weekend and they did not even mention this to me. But it fixed my VVM issues.

http://www.geek-weekly.com/?p=461

Journeyman

This same thing is happening with GO SMS Pro. I uninstalled the application and received all 12 of my messages. My question is where do you find the place to uncheck the box making the SMS app the default app? I really don't want to use the stock messenger but will if I have to...

Thanks.

Journeyman

I cannot speak for GO SMS Pro but in the Handcent you open the app into the text INBOX… select MENU… SETTINGS… select Application Settings… Default Messaging Application is the 2nd item down. Press that then you will get a pop-up… select DISABLE… ok your done… restart to be sure.

But it is a setting in the APP and not in the Phone.

Journeyman

I use GO SMS as well, you have to go to Settings> Receive Settings> then uncheck Disable other message notification. Then send a message via voicemail to activate@vvm.sprint.com and it should start working again.

I had to do fiddle around with it to figure it out.

Hope this helps.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.