cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail setup

Highlighted
Patron

Voicemail setup

I was having trouble getting busy signals whenever calling out starting yesterday. Since no other Sprint customer I know of was having problems the only difference was I had Google voice. I disable google voice and no longer have the problems dialing out. I am now trying to setup Sprint voicemail again. When I call to activate it states to enter your phone number and press star when recording starts. Well I have tried putting in my phone number both with area code and without and even tried using my last four digits and even adding a 1 before phone number. Have tried multi times and each time it states "invalid number". I even tried it using my home phone to setup and still no difference. Am wondering if maybe it takes a couple of hours for Sprint to recognize that it is now a Sprint number again? Any ideas? Thanks.

Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

Voicemail setup

As far as I know it should be practically instantaneous. Try to update your profile, then pull your battery for 60 seconds. Let me know if there is any change.

Patron

Voicemail setup

Gave it a try. Still doesn't work. I used my 9 digit number than even tried again with area code. Too bad since I've been using google voice for a few weeks now and really liked it. On the plus side at least I can make calls again. Thanks for the assistance.

Master

Voicemail setup

Make sure you disable conditional call forwarding so you will be back on Sprint voicemail instead of Google Voice voicemail.  Dial *38 to turn off the conditional call forwarding.  Once you've done that, just hold down "1" to call your sprint voicemail and setup the outgoing message and other options.  I hope that helps!

Wizard

Voicemail setup

You may have success re-enabling google voice now. It might only be a minor glitch that requires toggling it off and back on.

Patron

Voicemail setup

Well tried *38 and same problem. Would try to re-enable google voice to see if problem is fixed but appears there is no option for that. I am able to look at my google voice account but no where is there the option to turn back on google voice.

Master

Voicemail setup

After you dialed *38, you need to press the call button to make it dial and then you should hear 2 beeps indicating that your forwarding to google voicemail has stopped and now when someone calls you they should get your Sprint voicemail.  What kind of phone do you have?  If someone calls you from another phone, and you hit ignore or don't answer, what do they hear?  Do they get your voicemail or a busy signal or does it just ring and ring?  You can reply in an email if you'd like and we'll get it fixed right now.

Patron

Voicemail setup

When I did dial *38 just got a busy signal after I hit dial earlier. Just tried it again and same thing. I have a samsung transform. Now when anyone calls me they get the the same message I do when calling voicemail. "Welcome to voicemail. To access your mailbox please enter your phone number and than press star during the greeting". Unfortunately never get to that point to enter star because it keeps saying invalid number. Am thinking will have to call Sprint on this one. Before I do wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something simple. Thanks.

Master

Voicemail setup

Yes, it sounds like your voicemail inbox needs to be reprovisioned.  When you call in, just ask for advanced technical support and I'm sure someone will be able to fix this issue.  Thanks for choosing Sprint!

Journeyman

Voicemail setup

Did you ever figure out how to revert back to using Sprint voicemail, RNMIKEY?   I was not happy with the way Google Voice did not handle MMS (among other things) and disabled Google Voice... now, even after the *38 thing, Sprint voicemail isn't picking up... when calling my mobile, it just rings and rings (if I reject a call, it doesn't do anything, just keeps ringing)...   I'm actually surprised there aren't more people complaining about this.

Patron

Voicemail setup

I ended up calling Sprint. They had to reset my voicemail and have had no problems since. I actually did like google voice but since I don't know what caused original problem I'm hesitant to try it again. I actually did like a lot of the features. And yes, this is rnmikey...for some reason when I logged on just now it wouldn't let me keep using rnmikey.

Journeyman

Voicemail setup

Thanks Mike. I ended up calling Sprint too.  They had no idea what I was talking about and said it definitely wasn't a known issue.  I told them how you had Sprint reset your voicemail to fix the problem...and I also mentioned something about disabling conditional call forwarding (that I read about in another thread)... they tried both and it is fine now.  However, if I hadn't suggested those to tech support, I think I'd still be on the phone

I'm definitely not going back to google voice any time soon... at least until they start supporting MMS and until SMS messages can be received separately via a text app.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.